HELP NEEDED anyone here in Toronto

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

DiBo

HELP NEEDED anyone here in Toronto

Postby DiBo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am

I lost my pathfinder in Alberta in 2017 due to a blown tranny. Right now its for sale in toronto after being repaired. I am located in Newfoundland

I need someone to go look at the truck for me, I will pay and pay for gas too.

Please help reunite me with my old friend. I think its fate that I found her for sale again like i did.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 pm

little far for me but I hope someone spots it. I almost sold mine lol

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 pm

so fo a little more detail on this story.

So in June 2015 I was living just south of Edmonton Alberta. I was employed as an officer with the RCMP and about to move 8000km away in 10 days.

On this day I had just fixed the A/C on the pathy and gone into the city. On the way home I felt the tranny start slipping so I pulled into a parking lot. Right away I checked the radiator coolant and sure enough it was a milkshake! This was weird however because i did do the bypass previously (if anyone has thoughts on this let me know).

So with no time left and being in the middle of a move I decided to part with my baby right there and then. I put an ad up on the internet and within an hour i had the pathy sold to some garage in Edmonton.

I was sure I would never ever see my baby again but still held out hope as I watched it loaded onto a truck.

Since 2015 I have been looking up all the Pathfinders in Canada that are for sale every once in a while hoping to see my rig again knowing the odds were astronomical.

This week I was on one such classifieds site and low and behold a rear on picture of my pathy, i quickly clicked on the ad and there was one more picture from side on confirming 100% that this was my rig for sale now in Toronto.

I contacted the seller frantically asking him about the rig, is it ok, where is it exactly, etc etc. I explained to him that I wa the one who did all the modifications to her and why I had sold it. He was sympathetic and agreed to sell me the rig again.

The only problem is that I live in Newfoundland which is a 3 day drive plus a 16h fairy ride away. this presents a problem as I need someone to look at it for me who is close by and could help me out.

So again if there is someone on here in the Toronto Area who could help me out it would be amazing as I think me finding the ad is fate.

Well I hope you all find this story interesting, Thanks Thupertrooper for the well wishes.

Wish me luck!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:39 am

Maybe u could ask the seller to bring it to a local garage? Pay him some $$ for that?

I mean the biggest thing that could plausibly be wrong with it is the tranny but thats been fixed presumably..
Best wishes to get your rig back!

Return to “R51 General Chat”