Holy dealer service disaster

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

nvrdun

Holy dealer service disaster

Postby nvrdun » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:14 pm

So about a year ago I had a squeeling noise. Took it in under warranty and it was the belt tensioner needed replaced.

Fast forward to yesterday, I have the same noise. So I schedule a appointment and they tell me the serpentine belt needs replaced. They already have the old belt out, a new one in stock and its only $75 to do the repair. I authorize the repair, and leave about 25 min later.

Tonight my wife comes home in a panic. She says the steering barley works, lights are dim, and there is really loud clunking noise under the hood.

Well the belt split apart and appears to wrapped around something causing it to whip around violently making all kinds of racket.

So, I guess I'm gonna call the dealer and have them pay for a tow truck and re-repair my car plus credit me my money back.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Holy dealer service disaster

Postby disallow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:15 pm

nvrdun wrote:So about a year ago I had a squeeling noise. Took it in under warranty and it was the belt tensioner needed replaced.

Fast forward to yesterday, I have the same noise. So I schedule a appointment and they tell me the serpentine belt needs replaced. They already have the old belt out, a new one in stock and its only $75 to do the repair. I authorize the repair, and leave about 25 min later.

Tonight my wife comes home in a panic. She says the steering barley works, lights are dim, and there is really loud clunking noise under the hood.

Well the belt split apart and appears to wrapped around something causing it to whip around violently making all kinds of racket.

So, I guess I'm gonna call the dealer and have them pay for a tow truck and re-repair my car plus credit me my money back.
Just had the same thing done to my 05. Hope the belt will be OK.

Love the logic of what they did, they said the tensioner was weak, and they should replace the belt while they have it off since there is no labor.

Here's the thing. If your belt isn't due for a change, are the chances that your current belt will break, or are the chances that you get a defective new one?

t

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Upon further investigation this was found to be DRIVER ERROR.

Sometimes you find out too late, the driver made an error in which dealer to trust!!!

I feel you pain brother. A while back I had one of my famous flat tires and since the bead was not broken I borrowed a compressor to re-inflate. Then I drove it to the tire shop who had just the previous day charged me $37.50 CDN to fix a flat, same tire. The shop manager walked into the waiting room and announced to everyone that I was mistaken, my tire was not flat. After a few moments of discussion he finally caught the part of the conversation....re-inflated the tire and drove back to your shop. Apparently he thought I had imagined a flat tire. Heck when he first said I didn't have a flat tire, I din't even know how to respond....maybe I had indeed just imagined a flat tire!!!

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:30 am

All I can say is... more and more people are just plain stupid. It seems to be getting worse...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”