Any word on the 2010 Pathfinder?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Any word on the 2010 Pathfinder?

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:58 pm

I've been searching all over the place for any kind of info, be it Pathfnder or any other Nissan SUV. We all know a change is coming, but I haven't found anything that says what, exactly, the change(s) might be. Will they drop the X altogether? Wussify the Pathfinder? I need to find something for the gf, as it is time for her to get a 4x4 so that she doesn't have to rely on others to get up the mountain to ski. She can't stand the X, and I can't blame her. The Rogue probably won't cut it in the looks department; she hates the Murano & my PF is too "big" for her tastes. Yeah, she's picky.

Here's the Nissan Cube:

And the nv200 concept which certainly looks like a concept:

Nice camping/travel/work setup on the interior:

If the nv200 is too small, how about the nv2500:

skywhr

i have a few

Postby skywhr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:00 pm

i has a few words for it.....

Npath

Re: Any word on the 2010 Pathfinder?

Postby Npath » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:25 pm

No, I don't think they'll get rid of the Xterra. They need the SUV to compete with Toyota. Their Highlander is a 7 seater to compete with Pathfinder. The Xterra is to compete with the 5 seater 4Runner.

I've heard they're considering going back to the 2nd generation Pathfinder chassis and putting aside the body on frame idea, so the consumer will save on fuel. With that in mind, I'm sure they will definitely change body style.

When they will change, I recall maybe another 2 years. I saw a drawn concept of the new Pathfinder and it looks ugly, sorta like the Honda Element, just bigger.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Npath wrote:No, I don't think they'll get rid of the Xterra. They need the SUV to compete with Toyota. Their Highlander is a 7 seater to compete with Pathfinder. The Xterra is to compete with the 5 seater 4Runner.

I've heard they're considering going back to the 2nd generation Pathfinder chassis and putting aside the body on frame idea, so the consumer will save on fuel. With that in mind, I'm sure they will definitely change body style.

When they will change, I recall maybe another 2 years. I saw a drawn concept of the new Pathfinder and it looks ugly, sorta like the Honda Element, just bigger.
I don't agree with the Highlander being competition for the PF. Highlander is little, and not a truck compared the the PF.

Re: the less truck like PF, that would be a huge waste.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:21 pm

also hoping that Nissan puts that Cummins Diesel into a 2010 truck/SUV they've been talking about for some time now.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:30 am

Npath wrote:No, I don't think they'll get rid of the Xterra. They need the SUV to compete with Toyota. Their Highlander is a 7 seater to compete with Pathfinder. The Xterra is to compete with the 5 seater 4Runner.
um what? sorry, but there is no way anyone thinks a uni-body crossover is going to compete with body on frame truck

this is the comparison:
xterra - fj cruiser
murano - highlander
pathfinder - 4 runner
armada - sequoia

~mike

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 am

MonkeyMike wrote:this is the comparison:
xterra - fj cruiser
murano - highlander
pathfinder - 4 runner
armada - sequoia
Right on the money. I'd also add:

Rogue - Rav4

If they drop the X, the FJ will have no competition. Then again, if they keep the X, it will need a rather large redesign if Nissan wants to have it compete directly with the FJ (and others that will probably be out of business by then anyway).

The Pathfinder and 4Runner have both just been awesome vehicles, in all the different iterations throughout the years. If they turn the Pathfinder into a car, I think they'll completely blow it & lose out sales to Toyota. Who knows? Maybe Nissan & Toyota will both drop some of their SUV/crossover models since the market is so grim.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm

MonkeyMike wrote:
um what? sorry, but there is no way anyone thinks a uni-body crossover is going to compete with body on frame truck

this is the comparison:
xterra - fj cruiser
murano - highlander
pathfinder - 4 runner
armada - sequoia

~mike
You got it right. Score one for Npath and Monkey!

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:12 pm

If I were Nissan, I would keep the Pathfinder on the body-on-frame design, dump the independent rear suspension and go back to solid axle for better off-road capability (the IRS does not necessarily mean a better on-road ride either), and put in a turbo diesel engine.

However, rumor has it that Nissan is dumping the Armada altogether and bringing in the Patrol. Remember, both the Pathfinder and Patrol are World vehicles, while the Xterra and the Armada are North America vehicles only. So the Pathfinder is not going to go away anytime soon, and I hope it just gets better.

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:40 am

There are some crazy Patrol vids on the net. They boost the crap outta those things.

Pathfind'nAZ

Postby Pathfind'nAZ » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 pm

There is no replacement coming for the Toyota FJ.. they are killing it off at the end of this body style run.
The Titan is moving to a Dodge Ram Chassis with there own designed body scheduled for a 2010 introduction.
The Armada and Qx56 are DEAD.
The Patrol is rumored to be coming here.. actually came across some spy photos of it last week of the new body style.. looks a lot like a bigger Pathfinder.. will see if I can find them and post them up.

As for a true 4x4 being only body on frame.. and not unibody.. you all realize that the Jeep Cherokee is unibody.. and is a damn good offroader.. as well as the last body style Pathfinder was unibody as well.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”