Fuel Door Issues

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Anthony N

Fuel Door Issues

Postby Anthony N » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi All, i have got a 2016 R52 STL 4wd Pathy and the fuel door does not sit flush with the body the area where the hinge is sits out about 2cm off the body is this normal or has it been bent or something ? only just picked it up but did not really notice it until went to fill it up.

Also the metal clip on the inside feels like its missing something as it opens way to easy when i push on the end with the hinge it opens.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Who did you buy it from, private seller or dealer? I would start there. It certainly sounds like something might have happened to it. I just checked mine and you may be able to remove the two screws and bend the hinge back a bit.

Anthony N

Postby Anthony N » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Grumpah wrote:Who did you buy it from, private seller or dealer? I would start there. It certainly sounds like something might have happened to it. I just checked mine and you may be able to remove the two screws and bend the hinge back a bit.
Got it from a Big dealer car yard so i think i will take it back to be looked over as it does not feel right at all.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:11 pm

Good idea. There is probably some kind of warranty in the contract that says they will fix things within a certain amount of time. Don't delay.

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”