ECM update 2018 SL

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

IanH

ECM update 2018 SL

Postby IanH » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:58 am

So there is a recall for CA for ECM.
voluntary for the rest of us.
Any inputs, drawbacks ?

"However, if you wish to receive the ECM software update, contact your Nissan dealer at your convenience in order to arrange an appointment and reference Technical Service Bulletin NTB19-045."

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:00 pm

This doesn't appear to apply to the Pathfinder.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/ ... 6-9999.pdf

IanH

Postby IanH » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:45 am

Grumpah wrote:This doesn't appear to apply to the Pathfinder.

Nissan sent me an official letter, so I am confused to say the least.

so assuming its correct, and mandatory for CA would you get the ECM updated if you lived elsewhere ?

Thanks Ian.

IanH

Postby IanH » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 am

Model Year: 2018
Make: Nissan
Model: Pathfinder
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 5N1DR2MN6JC
Dear Ian Henderson,

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and client satisfaction. Nissan is contacting you regarding an available software update for the Engine Control Module (ECM) in your vehicle. This update is available to you, free of charge.

Reason for Customer Service Initiative

On some vehicles, the ECM may improperly store a permanent diagnostic trouble code (P-DTC) even though the emissions on-board diagnostic system is functioning properly. As of July 1, 2019 the State of California has implemented a revised Inspection Maintenance (I/M) or “Smog Check†test program. Only vehicles registered in the State of California are currently required to complete this revised I/M testing. In the future, if you attempt to register your vehicle in the state of California without first receiving the software update, your vehicle may not pass this Smog Check test.

This incident has no effect on the safety, performance, drivability, emissions, or fuel consumption of your vehicle.

What You Should Do

No action is required for vehicles registered outside of California – you do not need to visit your Nissan dealer to receive the software update.

However, if you wish to receive the ECM software update, contact your Nissan dealer at your convenience in order to arrange an appointment and reference Technical Service Bulletin NTB19-045. The update will be available free-of-charge under normal 8Y/80K mile ECM warranty. If you move to California and require the software update after the warranty period expires, you will be eligible for reimbursement.

Please bring this notice with you when you arrive for your service appointment.

If you have further questions, you may contact the Nissan Consumer Affairs Department. The toll free number 1-800-867-7669.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:05 pm

IanH wrote:
Grumpah wrote:This doesn't appear to apply to the Pathfinder.

Nissan sent me an official letter, so I am confused to say the least.

so assuming its correct, and mandatory for CA would you get the ECM updated if you lived elsewhere ?

Thanks Ian.
I would. Anytime a software bug can be fixed, you should do it. There's no pressing need to rush right out though. Do it when it's convenient for you.

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”