acceleration issue

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cannonball

acceleration issue

Postby cannonball » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm

I've been having an acceleration issue lately, while accelerating under normal conditions (not aggressively) when I reach about 35mph the truck starts accelerating MUCH slower I have to give it a significant amount of gas to get it to accelerate up to about 45mph at 45mph normal acceleration resumes.

Suggestions as to what it might be?

cannonball

Postby cannonball » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm

should have mentioned this is on a 09 pathfinder SE 4x4.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm

sounds weird. Your Check Engine light isn't on?

Sounds like a timing or ignition issue based on the symptoms. Or if your Catalytic converters are plugged, that could be an issue. But that would most likely cause a Check Engine Light.

t

cannonball

Postby cannonball » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:49 pm

disallow wrote:sounds weird. Your Check Engine light isn't on?

Sounds like a timing or ignition issue based on the symptoms. Or if your Catalytic converters are plugged, that could be an issue. But that would most likely cause a Check Engine Light.

t
thats correct no CEL.

I'm going to goof around tomorrow and see if it does it in any other gear. the RPMs stay low the whole time until it shifts. I know for sure it doesn't do it during hard acceleration at all.

Its still under warranty so I'm going to take it in this week if I have time.

grifter

Postby grifter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Camshaft position sensor bad?

Kofi

Loss of acceleration

Postby Kofi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:06 am

I have a similar issue but seems to be caused by something else.

Nissan Pathfinder 2008 YD25DDTI (Diesel Engine)

Problem: When driving at speeds above 110Kmph, the truck all of a sudden feels like it had down shifted and immediately starts to decelerate. No amount of stepping on the gas would make it move. It will decelerate till it comes to rest. It happens both when you are moving at a constant/same speed and at times when you are trying to decelerate.

What I do is when that happens I shift to NEUTRAL (N) position and back to DRIVE (D) and the truck starts to work normal when you step on the gas.
I thought it was the throttle so I took it out and did some cleaning but that didn't make any change.

What could be the problem?
Please help!

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:19 pm

My truck started acting like this a while back. No codes, nothing. A few months go by and i have an exhaust leak somewhere. I'm guessing the manifold. Could be the cat is all clogged up or the O2 sensor is getting lazy and the ECU is adjusting incorrectly. Mines a 2011 4x4 with 131k miles.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”