New (to me) 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE from Nampa, Idaho

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Aft3rburn

New (to me) 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE from Nampa, Idaho

Postby Aft3rburn » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 am

Just found this site and so far LOVE IT!

I bought a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE ( I believe it's an SE), two weeks ago.
I took it for a test drive before I bought it. and on the last stretch back to the dealer, it revved up to 5000 RPM's and then shifted into gear (bucked). I thought this might have been my doing.

Bought it, and took it to Costco to get gas. It barely made it there and back to the dealer!

I read up on the issue and found the dreaded transmission failure posts about it. Stuck a screwdriver into the radiator overflow, and got milky strawberry shake looking stuff. I went back to the dealer to pick it up. He did a transmission flush and said he and his mechanic drove it 40 miles in one direction and back, then in the opposite direction, no issues. I thought we were fixed. I took the Pathy home and picked up dinner for me, the wife 'n kids and we were going out to the lake to enjoy it when the tach kicked up to 5000 again. We took it back to the dealer the next morning and it's been sitting in their mechanic's shop since.

So, apparently, the Transmission bypass had already been done! So the dealer (at his cost) is going to get a new/replacement transmission. It's supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. I have an additional transmission cooler that I plan to hook up to the stock one so I'll have two transmission coolers. I've heard that heat destroys automatics.

I don't have pictures of it yet, but I plan on posting soon.

We were given the opportunity to go to another vehicle on the lot, but I think we're going to stick with the Pathy!

On the back of the pathfinder, it just has a capital "E" on the back.. so my "S" or "L" must've fallen off.

I've read some posts about the differences of the SE and LE models, and I believe I've got the LE because it's loaded with everything.. Auto-dimming mirrors, heated seats, mag wheels, etc.
I think our paperwork said it was an SE.. so could it still be an SE with options?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:10 pm

There are some options that are specific to the LE trim. For starters, if you have a 4x4 and you have "AUTO" on your 4x4 selection knob, then you definitely have an LE trim. It was the only trim to have the AUTO-mode transfer case in 2006. It would also have faux wood grain trim on the console and power window switches. It should also have 6-spoke, 17" wheels unless they've been changed. Leather seats with driver's seat memory and Bose audio are standard; navigation was optional.
I would advise against adding an additional trans cooler. The factory auxiliary trans cooler is more than adequate to cool the transmission fluid, however, I always recommend replacing the original factory radiator with an aftermarket unit (which have not had cooler problems) and utilizing the integral trans cooler inside the radiator. Not only is it more efficient than an air-to-liquid cooler, it also helps warm-up and maintain the transmission fluid at the optimal operating temperature of 175-200 degrees F.

Aft3rburn

Postby Aft3rburn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks! smj999smj!

I have all the options you listed in your reply. It gives me a little warm-fuzzy feeling knowing it truly is loaded!

The in-dash head unit is an aftermarket one, but yes, Leather seats, with 2 memory positions, faux wood grain trim on console, etc. it has 6-spoke wheels like your avatar picture.

I'm still waiting for the transmission to arrive, I HOPE to get my Pathfinder back before close of day friday.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Yes, the red Pathfinder in my avatar is my 2006 LE.

larken

Postby larken » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Welcome to the forums! Hope all the issues will be addressed by your dealer.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:16 am

Welcome!
Sounds like a heck of a deal.
Those trannies ( unless ruined the a leaking rad) are very good+ strong..
So you having a new one should last you forever now (new radiator! since the old one failed plumbing the tranny up to the failed raidiator would ruin it) :D

Kaido

Postby Kaido » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:32 am

Welcome. i am also new here

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”