Sagging running boards jacked back up!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Swerve

Sagging running boards jacked back up!

Postby Swerve » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:51 pm

So I noticed my running boards were sagging especially towards the rear, worse on the driver side. Not sure why but I’m second owner of it so not sure what may have caused it. Checked undeneath and the 3 brackets that hold it on aren’t he beefiest bits of steel and the 6 nuts is that hold it on weren’t terribly tight. I thought about taking them down, putting them on a vice and bending them back to 90 degrees to eliminate the sag but then thought, how about jack up the bracket and see if I can bend it back up. Well it worked great!

Here’s the before. I noticed a bit of a gap between the running board and the rocker.

Here’s the jack lifting and bending the bracket back up to where it should be:

And here is the after. Gap closed, sag and twist eliminated, running board is nice and straight once again.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Thank you for the write up and pics. Is the strength comprised after doing this?

Swerve

Postby Swerve » Tue May 12, 2020 1:46 pm

I don’t know to be honest but I can update if they sag again. I wasn’t leaving them as they were, my kids are little and I don’t step on it to get in and out so it should be ok I think.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”