Cell Phone Holder

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

hotround

Cell Phone Holder

Postby hotround » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Any recommendation for a cell phone holder that mounts to the top of the dash? Or would I do better getting one that mounted to the glass? The ones that clip onto the AC vents are sub-standard at best.

Joao

Postby Joao » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:57 am

Check out proclip ... vehicle specific holders.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:08 pm

dobert

Postby dobert » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:31 pm

I have a Mpow dashboard phone holder. It is very stable.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:51 am

I have one that mounts to the windshield. mounted in the left corner..works ok.

TNhunter

Postby TNhunter » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:44 pm

I mounted a short piece of gear track in the tray on the dash and use a ram ball and a ram X-mount for my phone.

Dacker

Postby Dacker » Sun May 10, 2020 5:24 pm

I've had this one for three years and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PG ... UTF8&psc=1

I fits perfectly in the AC vent of my 2009 Pathfinder, just to the right of the steering wheel. The magnet is really strong and I've never had the phone fall off (Galaxy S6). It comes with adhesive for the back of the phone but I have a very slim rubber case, so I just slide the piece of metal between the phone and the back of the case.

I like it so much that I get annoyed when I have to drive my wife's 2019 Rogue and use GPS. It doesn't fit in her AC vent so I have to use this holder instead:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CR ... UTF8&psc=1

My wife's holder is a clamp and isn't as easy to use but if you are looking for something that goes on the dash instead of the AC vent then it will work.

Jackusa

Great Space For Cell Phone Holder

Postby Jackusa » Wed May 13, 2020 11:59 pm

I like most things to easy to drive because mostly designers only think about design but there are some special points like one is cell phone holder.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Thu May 14, 2020 8:14 am

Dacker wrote:I've had this one for three years and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PG ... UTF8&psc=1

I fits perfectly in the AC vent of my 2009 Pathfinder, just to the right of the steering wheel. The magnet is really strong and I've never had the phone fall off (Galaxy S6). It comes with adhesive for the back of the phone but I have a very slim rubber case, so I just slide the piece of metal between the phone and the back of the case.

I like it so much that I get annoyed when I have to drive my wife's 2019 Rogue and use GPS. It doesn't fit in her AC vent so I have to use this holder instead:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CR ... UTF8&psc=1

My wife's holder is a clamp and isn't as easy to use but if you are looking for something that goes on the dash instead of the AC vent then it will work.
I had several different versions of the vent-magnet thing for the last four or five years. Got tired of it drooping over time, not sitting in just the right place, and of course, blocking mine or the passenger's vent. The ProClipUSA thingy fixes all those issues, without being permanently affixed.

I kept the vent magnet for travel and rent-a-cars though.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”