01 Pathfinder 3.5 swap to 03 JDM 3.5 no start HELP !!!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Rinattelo

01 Pathfinder 3.5 swap to 03 JDM 3.5 no start HELP !!!

Postby Rinattelo » Thu May 21, 2020 12:34 pm

I am currently replacing the engine out of a 2001 pathfinder se 3.5 4x4 for a friend of mine. We decided to use a JDM orlando 3.5 from an add on craigslist. They told me it was a drop in and go motor. That seemed our best route to take .. I didnt ask enough questions nor do any research on exactly what JDM actually ment. So I was surprised when the engine arrived and it was out of a right hand drive and an infiniti . I have found several postings on very similar problems others have had on the forum however it seems that no one has completed the engine swap or maybe they didnt complete their post. The guy I purchased engine from is of no help . I am about to throw the towel in.
Here is my main issue of many .. Cranks ok No start no spark P0335 CKP sensor A. There is actually 2 CKPs a front and a rear The JDM engine oil pan has a spot for just the rear. I pulled engine again and swapped the front cover and the oil pan.
I am thinking the cam shaft signal plate are different and that is the problem any help is much appreciated Thanks.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 am

Yeah, I think you're right. I recall a number of people trying to install JDM VQ-series engines and run into similar problems. To make matters worse, VQ35DE engines aren't all the same on the 2001-2004 R50's in the US, as the cam and crank sensors weren't always the same from year to year.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”