Slider Installation

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pdslug

Postby pdslug » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:31 pm

MonkeyMike wrote: did you take the steel template out of BOTH sliders? Mine came with a template in each slider. I assume yours would also.

~mike
yeah, both had the steel template, I just didn't have both out when I took the pic.
How do you like your pathfinder?

BCJeff

07 Pathfinder 4X4

Postby BCJeff » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:39 pm

I have a 07 and plan on installing my supersliders this weekend. What drill size did people use for pre-drilling the frame rails for the self-tapping bolts?
Thanks for the info on the templates, I didn't realize there were any but I will look harder for them.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 am

pdslug wrote:yeah, both had the steel template, I just didn't have both out when I took the pic.
How do you like your pathfinder?
im pretty happy with it. except the radio interface. whoever designed the radio needs to be coated with honey and put in a small box full of fire ants. seriously... worst radio interface ever. but that is another post for another day.

im still hesitant to put the sliders on. they are patiently sitting in the middle of my garage floor, irritating me every time i have to walk through there. i keep having these visions of giant rust bubbles along the lower body seam. the chicago winters destroy cars... salted roads everywhere.
BCJeff wrote:I have a 07 and plan on installing my supersliders this weekend. What drill size did people use for pre-drilling the frame rails for the self-tapping bolts?
Thanks for the info on the templates, I didn't realize there were any but I will look harder for them.
im pretty sure the instructions (if you still have them) give a size for that hole.
the templates are in the small square tubing. mine were secured with a piece of wire.

~mike

jefbarn

Postby jefbarn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Just put a set of the rocky road sliders on this morning. Highly recommended! They are so much better than that plastic crap that came with the path. Thanks for putting up these instructions...it's always nice to know how it should look before drilling a bunch of holes in the frame.

One thing I would recommend to anyone doing the install, is to tape some foam on the very ends of the sliders until the install is done. This is to prevent the sliders from nicking the body paint during the install. I had to wiggle mine around a bunch to line them up right, and it's easy to bump the paint. Nothing major, but just could be avoided easily by taking some precautions.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Monkey, did you ever install yours? If not, you interested in selling them?

Quick question, on the RR site, does the $380 price include just one? I just want to be sure b/c i notice the qty. is set to 1 on the order summary, but selecting the drop down to add to cart says "sliderS". Is it per rail, or is it considered a package?

Also, I'll probably be going the OME lift as well. Anyone know of a source cheaper the RR?

It's either go for the SW bumper, or the sliders/lift combo. Considering it's not very wise to put the bumper on stock suspension, it would just sit in the garage anyway until the suspension was ordered. Might as well buy what can be installed right away, first.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:26 am

G35TR wrote:Monkey, did you ever install yours? If not, you interested in selling them?

Quick question, on the RR site, does the $380 price include just one? I just want to be sure b/c i notice the qty. is set to 1 on the order summary, but selecting the drop down to add to cart says "sliderS". Is it per rail, or is it considered a package?

Also, I'll probably be going the OME lift as well. Anyone know of a source cheaper the RR?

It's either go for the SW bumper, or the sliders/lift combo. Considering it's not very wise to put the bumper on stock suspension, it would just sit in the garage anyway until the suspension was ordered. Might as well buy what can be installed right away, first.
still havent put 'em on. but it will be done. i was wanted to wait through the first winter to see if there were any paint issues... before i go putting holes in the body.

anyway, they are sold as a pair. i recall paying something in the neighborhood of $450 once shipping was included.

~mike

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:26 am

G35TR wrote: Also, I'll probably be going the OME lift as well. Anyone know of a source cheaper the RR?
Call around to a bunch of local shops that carry ARB products. They most likely won't have what you need, but they will be able to order it. If they sell ARB, they can get the OME for you.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:11 am

Good deal. Thanks for the info guys!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”