Plastidipped my front bumper lip and fog openings

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Swerve

Plastidipped my front bumper lip and fog openings

Postby Swerve » Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 pm

I really like how Doctahjones did this on his former Pathfinder so I just had to do it as well but for mine I decided not to do the “skid plate†looking for a more subtle change first. I can always do the skid plate later but I’m going with this for now.

Plastidip isn’t paint and I learned that I shouldn’t mask like I’m painting. Even with care and a sharp blade I had trouble peeling the tape after and had to do some touch ups particularly in the round fog light openings. No biggie as the plastidip is really forgiving. I learned to mask away from where I want my line, then cut the plastidip where I want my line to be then peel the tape and the excess plastidip up to the cut. Knowing this I’d never want to cut a line on a metal panel.

I’m happy with the satin/flat black as it now looks like unpainted black plastic and contrasts the silver.

brickbox

Postby brickbox » Sun May 31, 2020 7:15 pm

Looks sharp. I definitely think the contrast pops on a lighter color like silver.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:10 am

Really nice job Swerve!! :D

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”