New look and feel

Moderator: volvite

BullDozer

New look and feel

Postby BullDozer » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi guys did we just transfer to a new hosting service? Yesterday (June 4, 2020) I was seeing our previous layout.

This looks nice. Thank you
Yes, Finally attach images easily!!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: New look and feel

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 am

Yes, it appears we are now finally part of the NICOclub Forums! They've been working on it for a number of months to get everything switched over and to not lose our archives nor membership in the process. The old platform had gotten so out of date and the spam was getting a little ridiculous to the point where me and the other mods were deleting it every time we logged in! Hopefully, those days are over! Give your thanks to the Admins at both forums and Palmerwind for getting the ball rolling!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 am

BullDozer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:38 pm
Hi guys did we just transfer to a new hosting service? Yesterday (June 4, 2020) I was seeing our previous layout.

This looks nice. Thank you
Yes, Finally attach images easily!!
Dozer,

We been on the new server for a a couple months now but the software had stayed the same.. so that particular switch was invisible to the membership.

But the software transfer proved more difficult than anticipated.. we have such a large data base of posts and pics over the years...and we did not wish to lose any of it.

We had originally hoped to complete the software switch during late winter.
There are still some minor things left to do ,...(for example we are still on "ThePath" style smilies and have not yet adopted the Nico smilie system which is quite good IMO... on the other hand some folks may prefer for us to keep our own "flavor" ....) but I definitely call it a success.

SMJ, thanks for the kind words... but the Nico crew are the ones who did all the heavy lifting. :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:18 pm

I'm pretty happy with it, so far. ClubFrontier and NissanForums went to a new format about a year ago (both are using the same software format) and there were a lot of complaints. I prefer the more text-oriented software format because they seem to be simpler to use and a whole lot faster. I've noticed this software works equally as fast as our old platform and the options to ban spammers and delete their topics is much easier and quicker. I'm still getting used to it and figure everything out, but it's going well so far. I'd like to know what the red asterisks indicate that you see by some of the topic icons, though? I think NICOclub did a great job, because this could all have gone very wrong for TheNissanPath! We can all take a sigh of relief, now!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:44 am

They also added a "Walk the Path" and "Photo Gallery" tab on top.
Great idea.

I dont know if that was just today or if its been there since the switch a couple days ago but noticed it now.
Thats pretty clever.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”