Armada Swap

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

MEMOCAMPOS

icon front

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:51 pm

I totally agree-they were designed to work 2gether!!!

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:32 pm

I totally agree-they were designed to work 2gether!!!
Good point. I heard RadFlo's were good too, that's why. But makes sense to have the same all around.

Does ICON have an upgraded front UCA for more travel up front?

MEMOCAMPOS

uca

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:06 pm

No but Total Chaos does, U could even have icon extend their coilover for more droop w/ the uca.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Okay, called the cats at ICON Vehicle dynamics. These guys are extemely helpful. I told them my setup, that I have the V8 4x4, and I'm going to have a bumper and a winch.
We discussed extensively what my driving habits are and what I want out of the suspension. I told them the Pathy is not my daily driver, and it will be my trail rig, but I also want travelling to the trails to be comfortable, since it's our family's long distance travel vehicle as well.

What we came up with is the ICON extended shocks up front with the Total Chaos UCA and Eibach 550 lb springs. They believe the 600 lb springs will not allow full compression. This gives be about an 1.5" more travel, 2.5" height increase, and better compression for full cycle 8.5"-9" articulation on the trail, and offers great on road performance. For reference, the new FJ Cruiser front travel give 7.6" travel upfront stock.

For the rear, I have the OME medium springs, which already have good spring rates and gives me a 2" lift, they are offering an extended shock that gives 10" of full cycle travel (compared to the 7" stock) in either the internal or external resevoir. For reference, the FJ has 9.1" rear travel stock. They said that they are in production and should be ready by 2 to 3 weeks!! WooHooo!

Oh, don't know pricing yet.

MEMOCAMPOS, how does your Pathy ride with the ICON setup? Have you taken it on the trails? How is it on the street?

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Sounds nice. Can't wait to see pix.

MEMOCAMPOS

ICON ride quality

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:56 am

Well I'm glad ICON treated a fellow pathy owner with great support and knowledge for our obsession-our pathys!!!To answer your question my pathy drives like completely different truck compared to stock, it is tighter on the street yet way more flexible offraod. My only improvement would be replacing the rear stock springs w/ OME's, stock springs are way under-sprung yet with ICON'S 2.5 shocks the rear of my pathy was dramatically improved i just need to get closer to the front coilover spring rate due to the fact that I do more desert, faster speed offroading than the slow trail riding. For someone that doesn't demand major offraod torture the spacer and 2.5 shock is way more than enough. I have ICON'S complete front and rear suspension on my TACO as well and couldn't be more satisfied!!!I will be giving ICON a visit next week for a complete follow up my pathy they also want my feedback, therefore if you guys want me to ask anything feel free to send me your questions or ideas. :D

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:47 am

ragpaoa wrote:For the rear, I have the OME medium springs, which already have good spring rates and gives me a 2" lift, they are offering an extended shock that gives 10" of full cycle travel...
Good Info Ragpaoa, do you have the ICON part number for the new rear internal reservoir extended shocks or is one available yet, and does ICON provide the realignment after the front parts are installed?

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Rag, any update from ICON on this?

MEMO, any place to check out more pics of your truck? I'd like to check out the ride height.

bigriver

Postby bigriver » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:04 pm

don't mind serrated, he's a good guy!

i'm in the same boat, looking to also get a pathfinder and do the armada swap. my frontier is titan swapped.

bigriver

Postby bigriver » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:06 am

when i get my pathfinder, this will be first on my list.

on my frontier, i have PRG titan uca, 2.5" swayaway coilovers and PRG tie rod extensions in the front. rear has prg aal and 1.5" blocks and 2.25" swayaway piggypack shocks. with prg titan arms, my downtravel is 9.5" (compared to 6" stock). since prg has custom tuned both of my swayaways, they are the best shocks i've every used. the 2.5" swayaway coilovers are only cranked up about 3/4" and give me 5" of lift. this helps a lot with the ride quality when there is not so much preload on the springs.

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm

bump

Any updates from ragpoa or memocampos?
That ICON setup looks promising!

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:36 pm

jorgecar wrote:bump

Well, now that you have mentioned it, I have been talking to Greg at PRG this past week regarding getting the Radflo 2.5 rear shocks for the Pathfinder. I have contacted ICON originally, although rather helpful, still haven't sent their shocks out to production. So PRG has been helping me setup a long travel rear shock. Greg will be be contacting me next week for fitting. We are anticipating about 10" travel with external reservoirs.
Mind you, you should have upgraded springs, like the OME or King Springs to get the full effect since the shocks are specifically valved for these springs for full articulation offroad while not compromisg on road ride.
For the front, I will be getting the Radflo 2.5 long travel coilovers,with the PRG UCA.
I'll keep everyone posted!

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 am

ragpaoa wrote:
jorgecar wrote:bump

Well, now that you have mentioned it, I have been talking to Greg at PRG this past week regarding getting the Radflo 2.5 rear shocks for the Pathfinder. I have contacted ICON originally, although rather helpful, still haven't sent their shocks out to production. So PRG has been helping me setup a long travel rear shock. Greg will be be contacting me next week for fitting. We are anticipating about 10" travel with external reservoirs.
Mind you, you should have upgraded springs, like the OME or King Springs to get the full effect since the shocks are specifically valved for these springs for full articulation offroad while not compromisg on road ride.
For the front, I will be getting the Radflo 2.5 long travel coilovers,with the PRG UCA.
I'll keep everyone posted!
Wow, sounds like a great setup!
Keep us posted!

foytix

Postby foytix » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:43 pm

i've wanted to do a front and rear armada swap for a long time (just can't find a the salvage parts needed). I'm glad icon and prg are finally making something for the rears other than just the spacer or the ome springs (i've heard there great though). It's interesting to know that other areas of the world have the lower gear ratios, so technically we should be able to change our gearing now just have to get the parts from overseas. I like this thread, but it would be better with some pics of that icon suspended pathfinder.

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Notice that new guy hasn't been back? Hmmmm...

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”