PROJECTOR STYLE HEADLIGHTS AVAILABLE FOR 08-12 PATHFINDERS

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Code Pathfinder

PROJECTOR STYLE HEADLIGHTS AVAILABLE FOR 08-12 PATHFINDERS

Postby Code Pathfinder » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Haven't posted in a while but I bring everyone good news.

I have successfully found and installed projector style headlights for the 08-12 Nissan Pathfinder

you can purchase them here on Ebay

Black Trim Headlights

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PATHFINDER-R51 ... Swn4tdr6Fm

Clear Trim Headlights

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PATHFINDER-R51 ... Sw9mtdr6eK

I chose the black trim headlights for mine and they installed on my truck with minimal to no issues

Here are some shots:

I paired the projectors with a 5000k HID kit. The bulbs for the projectors are H1 bulbs.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about these headlights

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 am

Thanks for the info 8)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:23 am

Good stuff!

Thanks for the links!!! :D

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Glad to see there's some love finally coming to the 08+ versions. I just picked up a set of headlights so hopefully they'll last. The sealing on them was horrible, so I had to go around them with a bead of sealant.

Swerve

Postby Swerve » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Nice lights but a bit pricey for eBay lights. Too bad projector HID weren’t an option or a feature of higher trims. I do like the looks of these although without the angel eye.

Amoun

Ooof...

Postby Amoun » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:53 am

They do look really nice but are a bit pricey...with that being said, I do not think Found other angel eye headlights (albeit not as clean looking as these ones, in my opinion) for about half of these one. With that being said, definitely will put these on a watch-list!

jhg120

Postby jhg120 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Now we need some pics of the light output at night!!!!!

ikulichkin

Postby ikulichkin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:42 am

I just found out that Russian LE models of Pathfinders have Stock projector headlights.

https://www.nissan-rus.ru/full-catalog/ ... 010-5x10a/

Do you guys have any idea whether they will fit on our Pathys, or how to even check something like that?

They are way too expensive to just try;) approx $670 per headlight. Basically $1300 for the set.

They kinda look similar to the eBay ones, but I doubt there is halo

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:11 am

I noticed there's no DOT # for the Ebay lamps and it's certified E4-mark for Europe. I wonder if they are legal in the US?

Swerve

Postby Swerve » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:36 am

If not legal for the US and North America, we would need to know if the cut line on the projector is flat or if it has an uptick to one side. Most cars here are flat, where in Europe they may have an uptick. Depending on whether it’s a Drive on the right side of the road or left side (UK) the uptick could be to the right which works for us to illuminate road signs on the right or if the uptick would be to the left which would be bad and blind oncoming traffic.

Uptick example ___/

Flat example ______

LF81

Re: PROJECTOR STYLE HEADLIGHTS AVAILABLE FOR 08-12 PATHFINDERS

Postby LF81 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:39 pm

Thanks for the info!
I'd love to get my hands on the OEM projectors but $1,300 is too much. It looks like they were available on Euro models in 2011-2012. Pretty sure those side mirror blinkers never made it to the US market either...

http://www.dieselstation.com/Nissan/Pat ... i2516.html

Code Pathfinder

Postby Code Pathfinder » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:18 am

I do believe these are not DOT certified and the uptick on my headlights is on the left.

These require a electric motor adjuster to adjust the angle and the aim of the headlight beams. In Europe and Asia the R51 Pathfinder uses a switch inside the vehicle that will automatically aim your headlights for you whereas in the United States you have to manually adjust them with a screwdriver or a crescent wrench.

In my case I was able to adjust the aim on the left and right side headlights which has the slanted beam by using two 11 mm nuts using one of them as a jam nut so I was able to turn and adjust the headlight up/down without using the electric motor.

Unfortunately in the United States you cannot buy the electric motor on these headlights you typically have to import that part from either Europe or Asia.

I can provide the group with photos of what my headlight and looks like at night after I adjusted it properly. I know there was concern with possibly blinding other drivers but since I adjusted it, I am able to drive at night without blinding oncoming traffic and still maintain a good line of sight.

Depending on where you live in the United States they may require headlights to be DOT certified. In my state they do not check the headlights as long as the headlights maintain a proper beam distribution. My state only cares about headlights if people are running HID bulbs in the stock housing which is a big no-no.

PathfinderDaddy

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:07 pm

I think we are further ahead cutting into the 05-08 set and changing the mounting up

Return to “R51 Electrical”