Considering 2003-2004 Pathfinder

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

stevemd

Considering 2003-2004 Pathfinder

Postby stevemd » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:00 am

Are there anything to watch out for or have checked in a prepurchase examination? One Pathy I am looking at has 104 k miles but is a one owner and probably mostly commuting use.

Yes, 4wd for sure!

Thanks!

mbx5

Postby mbx5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:32 pm

I just picked up a 2003 from ebay....never drove one in my life previous to this - didnt even go see it first...really risky I know....but someone bid in the last 25 seconds so I had to throw in a bid or loose it...I drove 5 hours to pick it up....sight unseen....I think I made out however...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Only 32k miles, I think I got a great deal. Been driving it for a few weeks now....I love it... I drove some 4-runners previous to this, and I was a Tacoma owner for years....the Pathfinder has a much more peppy feel to it....it is quick, handles well, goes like a tank in the snow, and even the SE I bought has a lot of features....compass, 6 disc changer, shift on fly 4wd, radio controls on steering wheel....very nice ride.

Recently I noticed it hesitates going into converter lock....mainly when it is cold out and it isnt warmed up... I am going to have the trans flushed and filters changed regardless....

All in all so far I am very happy with my '03.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”