2019 rear seatbelt won't unlatch

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

JimsPath

2019 rear seatbelt won't unlatch

Postby JimsPath » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:34 am

Starting out, its not the stock seat belt tongue that's stuck.

It's a tongue from a dog harness. It worked great in the daughters Micra but first time we took the dog in the Pathy...it locked in and will not release. I can push it in all of the way, The red PRESS button will go down so far and the tongue will start coming up. Then it stops. I sprayed some lubricant in there at the start and that seemed to help somewhat but still a no go.

I'm afraid to take it to the dealer to get them to fix it or have them replace it. Here comes the $$$$$$$$.

Grumpah

Re: 2019 rear seatbelt won't unlatch

Postby Grumpah » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:21 am

You may need to force it. It sounds like the tongue is not the right configuration. With the risk of breaking the latch, you might try putting vise-grips on the Press button to keep it down and then giving it a good yank. If you break it, seat belts are easily replaceable, though the part may not be cheap. (NO auto parts are cheap these days).

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: 2019 rear seatbelt won't unlatch

Postby smj999smj » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:21 am

If you get a cooperative dealer, they'll replace the seat belt under warranty. The issue for some is that you are using an aftermarket seat belt tongue in the latch, so that might cause some to deny the warranty because of it. Only thing you can do is have your Nissan dealer take a look at it and ask if they'll cover it or not.

Return to “R52 General Chat”