Broken power rear lift gate hydraulic strut

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ThatsNotGoneWell

Broken power rear lift gate hydraulic strut

Postby ThatsNotGoneWell » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi there,
Has anyone had an issue with the Power lift gate where the hydraulic strut has broken at the connection point between it and the lift gate?

The piece rusted out where it connects to the hatch on the right side. Replacement parts alone are $1200 which even my dealer says is ridiculous.

Currently a 2014 SL model...and they're about to put in a 3rd transmission.

Thanks

blackbeagle

Re: Broken power rear lift gate hydraulic strut

Postby blackbeagle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:07 am

Gee....looking at your post, I thought it was my post. Because I have the exact same thing happen to me. They've F'd with my transmission a bunch of times, replaced it a bunch of time. It's till not running right. Now the left strut is rusted and broke off. I removed it, closed the gate and now it won't open. They want an insane amount to fix it so I got the parts myself and hope my mechanic can fix it. What a joke. Read my lips: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PATHFINDER (OR NISSAN) EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Grumpah

Re: Broken power rear lift gate hydraulic strut

Postby Grumpah » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:24 am

Unfortunately, this is a common problem with these vehicles. Someone on another forum wrote up a procedure on how to repair it.

https://www.pathfindertalk.com/threads/ ... ost-267947

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”