Heated Seat - element question on Nissan Part #'s

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

TooMuchControl

Heated Seat - element question on Nissan Part #'s

Postby TooMuchControl » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Is there an actual Nissan part number that references the heated seat elements?
Wondering on the cost of these, if I wanted to install them.

So far I've tried to look for them, I can't seem to find any part #s for these that can be purchased.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Heated Seat - element question on Nissan Part #'s

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:39 pm

2005 Pathfinder SE:

Front seat back heater, P/N 87635-EA000 $55+shipping (NissanPartsDeal.com)
Front seat cushion heater, P/N 87385-EA000 <discontinued>

I would imagine if you purchased a new cushion, it would come with the heater, but that's $422! You could try and fine a seat in the salvage yard with the heated option and either swap the seat (if it matches) or take the seat apart to get the heater. I believe Dorman has a universal heated seat kit that comes with the heaters, harness and switch that could either be installed as a whole kit, or, you could just use the heaters and adapt it to your seats. I'm assuming you already have heated seats? If not, remember you need a timer unit unless you want to cook your butt to the seat!

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:11 am

I was planning on getting the elements from a Patty from salvage if the cost is high for a proper one from Nissan.

I actually have found a donor in salvage, and was planning on taking the elements out of the seats and the switches. I'm hoping the wire looms are all pre-wired for heated seats in my SE.

Would the SE be pretty much pre-wired for heated seats? I found an LE and am hoping this is the case.
I'm hoping that there might be a partial wire loom that needs to be added from the foot wells to the seats, to have everything match up, connector wise, at most.

From what I see, and I hope I'm reading this correctly, there is a heater relay that is needed and the heater elements themsleves have a thermostat built into them that break the temperature internally on the high side of the circuit The low appears not to reach the temperature limit for cut out(?) and the fuse is the only thing that protects that circuit. On the 05 schematics I don't see a "timer", per se, just a high temp cut out.

I guess if I get the elements out of the seats proper I will test this out.

A small project prior to winter I'm hoping will be pretty much plug and play....cross fingers

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:41 pm

Yeah, looking at the diagram, it would seem pretty simple to wire it up if it's not pre-wired. I'm surprised they don't have the BCM control it. Looks like the one power wire from the ignition switch simply energizes the solenoid side of the relay when they key is "on." The other power wire from the ignition switch supplies the power to the heater switches. The switches divert that power via one or two wires, depending if it's in the hi or lo position, to the grids. As you said, the thermostat closes and opens the circuit based on temperature and it's located in the heater grid assembly.
As far as your SE being pre-wired for it, I don't know, so you'll have to check. It would be nice if it was. I wouldn't expect the LE main harness to be similar to the SE, as the LE has a number of options that the SE doesn't, such as the auto seat positioner and the AUTO mode transfer case.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”