Signing off...mostly

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Signing off...mostly

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:00 pm

I haven't posted much of anything in the last couple of years. Mostly because I've been so incredibly busy. I was laid off 3 years ago from a job in a profession that has turned into the epitomy of greed. It all worked out as I was planning on leaving anyway, but this just pushed me out there a bit sooner. Long story short, this is my third year as a middle school science teacher. What a time to get into the teaching profession, right? As a teacher, I can't simply run out during work and get a part or have something installed/replaced. My Pathfinder was starting to need more scheduled items replaced, but I also became fed up the last time I was out on dirt roads for 4 days & ending up with the check engine light. Again. The same thing as usual-EVAP system was clogged, so I spent the entire day ripping out vent control valve & charcoal canister, cleaning & blowing all the dirt out, then reinstalling. Can't tell you how many times I have had to do that thanks to the fine chalk-like dust that I constantly drive through. When I had a couple days of free time around Thanksgiving, I went out and looked at my options again. Ended up special ordering a 4Runner and finally took delivery a couple days ago. I simply could not go with anything else out there, simply because of the reliability issues. Put the Pathfinder on the local TV station's internet classifieds at midnight and had it sold by 11:30am the following morning. Tough to see it go as it has been the best vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of owning. If Nissan pulls their head out and brings something Xterra or Pathfinder (not the current station wagon) related back to market, I will probably be all over it. Until then, I'll be driving a reliable, more capable vehicle around with far too much tech that I will never want or use. Thanks to everyone on the forum for everything. Most of the old timers are gone, but without this forum, life would have been far more difficult trying to find answers to various Pathfinder-related things. I'll be stopping in now and then because we still have an Xterra, but my Pathfinder glory days are now just a memory. Everyone here I have ever interacted with has been awesome, so keep up the positive banter!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Signing off...mostly

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Sorry to lose you to another brand.
But since you still have an Xterra and they are mechanically near identical sticking around is a wise choice.

grm3

Postby grm3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm

How do you like the 4Runner compared to the Pathfinder? I also may be replacing my 2006 Pathfinder soon, but I'm not crazy about anything out there. I was considering a slightly used 4Runner or even Armada. Amazingly, 2017-2018 Armadas and 4Runners I've seen are around the same price.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:15 pm

grm3 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm
How do you like the 4Runner compared to the Pathfinder? I also may be replacing my 2006 Pathfinder soon, but I'm not crazy about anything out there. I was considering a slightly used 4Runner or even Armada. Amazingly, 2017-2018 Armadas and 4Runners I've seen are around the same price.
I would have given the Armada more of a look, but there is not an aftermarket for them in this country, meaning that I would be stuck with stock everything. The 4Runner is pretty similar to the Pathy, which is probably the biggest reason I went for one. The biggest difference is the aftermarket support-it is simply huge for the 4Runner. Seating position is a bit lower, but it is fairly comfortable, with a bit more room in the back compared to the Pathfinder. The only thing that isn't the same is the throttle response. The Pathfinder wanted to take off simply by blowing air on the pedal, whereas the 4Runner's throttle response is about as exciting as a turtle running a race. But, thanks to the aftermarket, I will have a solution to that problem in a couple days. They are the same, but they are different. I'd call them cousins. Way more features on the 4Runner by far, but no locking fuel door and no rear seat climate controls. Then again, I've only had the thing for a few days, so still getting a feel for everything.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”