r50 question

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

gaborn73

r50 question

Postby gaborn73 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi. I'm a new member. I joined to help a friend. Hoping you guys can lend a hand here. Single mom had "the oil leak" fixed last year and regular oil changes by the same shop since. Dont know what it was back then that caused it maybe a camshaft seal, rear seal, etc. I've just been involved in this tonight.
Just four days ago her 2004 Path died in traffic. She says she had the oil changed 2k ago/June 2010. She says it died in traffic and wouldn't start. Dont why it stopped. The local shop has diagnosed the MILs as VTC and camshaft sensor. I can't imagine that either would make an engine stop but here we are. Can you guys lend some knowledge on the nuances of these R50's please? I need some base knowledge in particular to this engine/chassis before talking to the mechanic that has quoted her $1600 bucks for what I presume is a camshaft sensor. Thanks from me and on her behalf.

CantBReal

Postby CantBReal » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

Could be a few different things, I guess. Not really sure on this, but since no one else has answered yet... I've heard of problems with the IPDM (just search it up) making Nissans just die suddenly. Could be a problem with R51's only, but it's worth a try. Much cheaper than a camshaft sensor anyway.

gaborn73

Postby gaborn73 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 pm

tks! mech. swapped vtc, cmp & crkshft sensors & still has p0340.
Suspect cam gear / sensor

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”