front cam bolt install

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

front cam bolt install

Postby doctahjones » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:12 am

after putting the ranchos in on the front, it finally put my camber and caster out of spec. big o tires wanted ~$275 to install the 4 bolts themselves. that being a little ludicrous i did it myself.

order the cam bolt kit from prg. install took about 30-45 minutes for all 4 bolts (2 per side). used a 3/4ths to get the stock nut off (the bolt side is much larger at 7/8th, but i never had to mess with that side). then used a 13/16ths for the prg nut and bolt side.

here's the passenger side:

i slightly jacked up the frame to support some of the weight while hanging out the bolt. i also found that using another jack to jack up the control arm helps TREMENDOUSLY in getting the bolts to just slide right out. after you take the bolt and washer off you should be able to see how the bolt is sitting, and just jack the control arm up until you can tell the bolt is level and there's no pressure on it. it then literally just slid right out for me. here's a shot of the bolt already been pushed through a little, but maybe you can tell what i'm talking about(this is from the drivers side, i forgot to snap a pic when doing the passenger side):

bolt installed

bolts side by side

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:31 am

That is cool. I just recently had new tires put on and got an alignment but to my surprise the guy at Tire Plus told me that the front is just a tiny bit off but there is no way to adjust them. I also bought a pair of camber bolts that Tire Plus will install for free once I go in for my next tire rotation and alignment check.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 am

Those look exactly like the Moog bolts on Amazon for $26.75 a pair. Chances are I'll be replacing my tires at the end of this year, depending on how they wear, so I'll have my alignment shop throw them on for me.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”