air bag alarm flashing

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

rchjr

air bag alarm flashing

Postby rchjr » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi there everyone,

I just bought a 2007 nissan pathfidner off road, who ever owned it before me had children that either dropped food and or threw up on the seats and carpet in the back. I took the passenger seat out to clean it and underneath it, I had to undo two clips I am sure are for the seat belt and air bag detection system for the passenger seat. After cleaning the seat ( with a canned foam cleaner ) and carpet underneath it and installing the seat back I am getting a flashing air bag alarm on my dash. This same alarm was flashing when I was driving and had the seat out. I didnt put it back in till two days later.

Any one got any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rchjr

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:53 pm

I did the same thing about 2 years ago. I ended up taking it back to the dealership and they reset the system. If I remember correctly, they said if I ever did it again to disconnect the battery prior to removal of the seat.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:10 pm

If you Google around for Pathfinder, XTerra or Frontier airbag light reset you'll find a step-by-step procedure to do it yourself. It's one of those pedal-dance routines.

rchjr

Postby rchjr » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks for the response Shipfixer & Volvite

I since have done a search in this forum for " srs " flashing alarm. Those posts that turned up told me what I had to do. I do have the service manual for it and that as well has a procedure as to how to clear the alarm. It does also say to disconnect the battery prior to removing the clips underneath the seat. Wish I would have read that first!

Thanks again!

Rchjr

Return to “R51 Electrical”