New 2008 SE V8 owner

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

IntenseKarst

New 2008 SE V8 owner

Postby IntenseKarst » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Hello everyone:

I just purchased a used 2008 Pathfinder SE V8 last week (120700 mi). I came from owning a 1998 Jeep GrandCherokee (198800 mi) for over 9 years and this is my first Nissan purchase. The Pathfinder came nicely loaded (18' wheels, SE Premium Package, DVD Entertainment system) but I am little worried about the relative high mileage (have never previously bought a car with more than 60k or owned a V8 ). I have also learned about the dreaded transmission issues in this forum so I am looking into doing a by-pass soon (even if it appears that 2008 do not suffer from it as often, at least not showing up yet).

Located in Southeastern PA.

Cheers,

IK

cleekmomma

Postby cleekmomma » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 am

nice to meet you. I am new as well, and a new Nissan owner! I bought mine with 142,000 I am nervous about the trans thing as well. I have a scheduled flush for Friday and I hoping for a good report.

NmexMAX

Re: New 2008 SE V8 owner

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am

IntenseKarst wrote:Hello everyone:

I just purchased a used 2008 Pathfinder SE V8 last week (120700 mi). I came from owning a 1998 Jeep GrandCherokee (198800 mi) for over 9 years and this is my first Nissan purchase. The Pathfinder came nicely loaded (18' wheels, SE Premium Package, DVD Entertainment system) but I am little worried about the relative high mileage (have never previously bought a car with more than 60k or owned a V8 ). I have also learned about the dreaded transmission issues in this forum so I am looking into doing a by-pass soon (even if it appears that 2008 do not suffer from it as often, at least not showing up yet).

Located in Southeastern PA.

Cheers,

IK
If you read a little deeper, there are some 08's and IIRC 09's that have shown the problem.

Definitely do the by-pass. As far as the V8, that thing is literally bullet proof, seen more than 1 titan with 300,000+ mi. It doesn't get the best mileage but that's probably not why you bought it. 8) One thing I've noticed is that even after adding lift/tires and a lot more accessories/weight, the MPG's didn't go down as much as I thought. I still manage 13.7 or so.

Here's a great how-to on the by-pass for an 08 V8.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... f4dd7a00bd

IntenseKarst

Postby IntenseKarst » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:33 am

@cleekmomma: Good to meet a fellow new owner as well!

@NmexMAX:
Thanks for the advice, I had a chance to dig into the forum and found the reports of a few 08's, 09's and even '10 Pathfinder with the milkshake issue.

The only thing at this point that is keeping me from pulling the trigger for the bypass is that I think my Pathfinder may already have a "revised" rad model. The part number of the rad that came with my used Pathfinder is 21460-9CA2E which appears to be the successor to the problematic original rads in the 05-06 range (21460-EA215 and 21460-EA265; thanks to user smj999smj for posting that info). So, if the revised rad model was fixed of their manufacturing defect, then maybe I am in the clear and do not need to do the by-pass?

The other related thing is that, according to Carfax, the previous owner was VERY conscientious about taking care of this vehicle and it appears that he/she took this vehicle for normal service to the same Nissan dealership every 3-6 months! (I am assuming of course that the previous owner was NOT visiting the dealership so consistently due to repeated problems). Man, what I would love to get a copy of the service records from the dealer! In that way I could see if they replaced the radiator (and transmission) already with the new parts.... It would save me money and give me some peace of mind.

IK

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:51 pm

You can probably get the service records from the dealer. Its worth a try.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”