V8 rumble

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

bigmac

V8 rumble

Postby bigmac » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 pm

would taking off the factory resonator at the rear end of the exhaust system give the V8 a low rumble? I'm not interested in those flowmaster mufflers. I only want that low V8 hum..... no need to wake the whole neighborhood.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:43 am

I'll preface this with the fact that I don't have a Pathy w/a V8 so I am talking out of my ass as far as specifics goes. But *usually*, in my past experience, removing a resonator from any stock type exhaust system hooked to a 4 through 8 cylinder increases drone as opposed to making an exhaust system sound *good*. If you removed the resonator and muffler and put in something like a magnaflow or one of the quieter flowmaster options that would more likely get you the sound you are after.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 am

I have been planning that for a while now , using the stock muffler and doing a less restrictive 3" tailpipe and no resonator ... as far as noise , I doubt you will notice much . mabie just a slight more noise ...

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”