Possible lift? tires?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

NH07r51

Possible lift? tires?

Postby NH07r51 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:30 am

Hey guys, just picked up a stock 07 Pathy. Did the bypass and now this summer am looking to do some mods. My hopes were to do a small lift and some new tires. This is a daily driver so nothing to extreme, but id love to be able to do a little offroading every now and then.
The reason I want a lift is simply because we often get over 9 inches of snow in my neck of the woods, and i get hung up if its not plowed yet. My hope is to really just get another inch or 2 out of the truck. For tires I'm looking for something that has a little more grip then the stock tires for snow and off road without giving up too much fuel economy and adding lots of noise.

I know this is a wish list and a half but Im looking for everyones suggestions. Ive started doing some research. seen a lot of good things about rancho and blissten. along wight he airlift 1000.

im not looking to do spaces because I've heard they don't lead to a better ride and like i said this is my daily driver so comfort is still a requirement. Who knows maybe I'm SOL on this one. but if anyone has any suggestions i appreciate it.

******EDIT********

Also looking to see what people do with their front bumpers. Ive notice the approach angle is very limited due to the front bumper. what are our options here?

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:13 am

You'll get lift advice from others, but I've been really happy with the goodyear wrangler silent armor tires I put on last fall. Just stock size (17s) and they weren't cheap, but this is my daily driver family road trip camping biking dog home depot yard waste vehicle and I've been very impressed with these. They are quiet, have been great in snow, driving around on the in-laws farm in mud or out here in the desert sand. About the only thing I haven't seen since I put them on is consistent heavy rain, but living down here it could be a while.

not on the rug

set up

Postby not on the rug » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 am

I went with the rancho quicklift in the front and the rancho struts and spacers in the rear. I also went to a toyo open country at2 in 285-70-17. no complaints about any of the setup whatsoever.

NH07r51

Re: set up

Postby NH07r51 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:37 pm

not on the rug wrote:I went with the rancho quicklift in the front and the rancho struts and spacers in the rear. I also went to a toyo open country at2 in 285-70-17. no complaints about any of the setup whatsoever.

Do you have any pictures ?

not on the rug

Re: set up

Postby not on the rug » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:53 am

NH07r51 wrote:Do you have any pictures ?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”