Is lugnut security kit standard on 2014 Pathfinder?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

pyrophilus

Is lugnut security kit standard on 2014 Pathfinder?

Postby pyrophilus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:20 am

I noticed this morning that my '14 Pathfinder has wheel locks installed, and there is no key anywhere in the vehicle (not in glove compartment, not in toolbag, not in center console).

When I got the vehicle, I noticed vibrations in steering wheel at around 45-80mph.

I took it back to dealer (had only 180 miles on it). I asked if the front wheels could be put on a high-speed balancer and checked...

The ended up RETORQUING the front axel "to factory specs". I asked if they checked the tire for out of balance, they said, "It wasn't necessary".

I wanted to ask them if they knew about Occam's razor, but I didn't think they'd understand me.

The vibration is still there, and so with a large sigh, I decided to go outside and swap tires from rears to fronts (which is what I thought they would do to check if they didn't want to put it on a balancer).

So with a loud sigh, I went out to my driveway and decided to swap back wheels with front wheels and see if the vibrations go away (I noticed that I have to do trouble shooting by myself at home before presenting my findings at the dealer, and lately, the service guys there are too eager to disagree with me, and they REFUSE to do simple tests, choosing more elaborate options).

ANyway, I wanted to know if other '14 pathfinder owners have the wheel lock STANDARD?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I went to Nissanusa.com and did a quick build on a few different trims, and the wheel locks are an accessory you can purchase.

Did you buy your pathfinder new? If so, do you still have the window sticker? That should list what came on the vehicle.

If you don't, some dealerships will help you find a build sheet for your pathfinder.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 am

My dealer tried to charge me $60 for the wheel locks. It was even pre-printed on all of their invoices. It took insistence for them to finally remove them. They claimed that it was because they were experiencing wheel theft from the cars on their lot.

Who steals Pathfinder wheels? :?:

You were probably charged for them somewhere.

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Complained to dealer, they installed NEW nissan wheel locks, gave me the white plastic bag with nissan logo on it, the key, and four regular lugs. They didn't charge me.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Nice. I don't see that happening very often.

Return to “R52 General Chat”