Whole LIST of mods over the weekend!!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Funky_ChPimp

Whole LIST of mods over the weekend!!

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Well it was getting about time to change the 265-75/16 Kumho MT's I had, so I decided it might as well be time to change everything. After researching and thinking and comparing and contrasting and then finally deciding, I organized a big pile of parts that I wanted my 2010 Pathfinder to have. Before this weekend I was completely stock except for MT's that were noisy, rough, and worn down to a baby ass.. So over the weekend, I literally transformed it into a new car. I cannot explain it any other way, it really looks like a completely different vehicle! And that car did not leave that shop until the pile was empty. Friday afternoon I went to my tire place and got 285-75/16 Nitto Trail Grapplers installed. Yes, it was kind of ignorant to get them installed with no lift and no alignment. I realize this. However, I was in it for the cosmetics! I wanted to see this thing roll in the shop and back out completely different. So I drove back making 26 point turns and waited for the alignment until the first of the week. Friday evening I began at around 6:00 and installed rancho quick lifts on the front, plastidipped my front two rims with 4 coats of gunmetal grey, 2 coats of smoke, and one dusting of silver metalizer, installed my roof rack covers, tore down the dash and removed my stock radio, replaced my cabin lights, and replaced my headlights. Left the shop around 3:00 a.m. Returned around 11:00 the next day and finished my front two rims, removed my tail lights and applied 4 coats of smoke, installed a Bravo Vision IN7000-BT head unit (lots of crimping, I can still feel it in my wrist :lol:), got my two Cree LED fog lights mounted using some of the most makeshift brackets ever (but they work great!) as well as my 22" LED bar, then after my front tires had had enough time to dry I reinstalled them and got to work on the back. Jacked it up, took the wheels off, did the same process with the rims, and installed the 1" rear spacers from 4x4parts.com. By then, it was around 1:30 a.m., so I called it a night. The next day around 2:00 I got back on it and installed new door speakers on the front two doors and wired my LED's into a switch mounted beside the mirror adjuster switches. Those two things by themselves took from 2 to 11:30! The LED lights each had about 5 or 6" of wire. Trying to connect them all to each other and to a switch as well as have it run clean so that it looks good is a job, I can tell you that. The schematic I had to design would spin anyone in two circles before they traced it all out. There was a lot of "hmmm so this is going here and I need that there, but that comes here while going there and I want it here". I had crimpers running to doublers that ran to triplers which all crimped to other wires and split off again.. Hahaha I can say that I designed it, but it is almost as if I just found the parts that fit the step I was at in the process, winged it, and it turned out perfect. Nonetheless, it all came together and I could not be happier. I have no clue how to post pictures on this forum but my pathy is sittin mean and lookin right now. I have a few pictures of before and after shots if I can get them up. Btw, all of this was shipped to my door and installed for close to $800--Thanks Amazon! :P

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 am

so when do we get to see pics

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:25 am

akley88 wrote:so when do we get to see pics
Haha could you tell me how I upload them? Do I have to go thru another website and do a link or can I attach them here like an email or what? I see a lot of threads that either have pics that show up as boxes with ? In the middle or either links that have no pic at the otherend

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:32 am

I could have them up towards the end of the day tho

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 am

Before

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:48 am

Before the weekend

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:54 am

As of this morning

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:58 am

any issues with your turning with those tires. I like the head unit. i want to replace mine with a dvd/nav one

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:12 am

Just a slight amount of rubbing. I drove it without the mud guards in it on Saturday and there were no rubbing issues. I put them back in and have a small amount but only in reverse. The head unit is spectacular. Great sound, options out the ass, DVD, SD card, GPS card, Bluetooth, cds, usb connect, flash drive haha it's got it all man and only $106 on amazon!

2012Pathfinder_EB

Postby 2012Pathfinder_EB » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:19 am

looks tough!

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:25 am

2012Pathfinder_EB wrote:looks tough!
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Haha in this one weekend I went from stock to where I want to be all except for my windows and maybe some new brakes and steering components. But those are all wants, everything I've got now was a need :P

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:24 am

First R51 I've EVER seen with Trail Graps. I think that might be my next tire. All of my friends have them and neither one of them (x4) have complained.

I really like the look you got there

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 pm

NmexMAX wrote:First R51 I've EVER seen with Trail Graps. I think that might be my next tire. All of my friends have them and neither one of them (x4) have complained.

I really like the look you got there
That's what I'm saying!! Haha I see trail grapplers everywhere, all of my friends have them and they're supposed to last a good while! Theyre quiet, grip good, and have a nasty sidewall like the Duratracs. I actually went up there to get those and trail grapplers were $12 more for a set of4. I aappreciate tho my man, haha I kinda wanted to make it into a trail buggy kind of look, I've got a cb that im puttin in it soon (lol not a big ass whip antenna, prolly 4 or 5 inches tall. I actually do use it on the farm) but your pathy is grown man. I really like that bumper

rnlsmomandad

climate controls problem

Postby rnlsmomandad » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:31 am

[quote="Funky_ChPimp"Image
As of this morning[/quote]
Did you have any problems with your climate controls after u iinstalled the double din? Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area. First day on this awesome forum

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:37 am

No, no problems. The wiring harness for the radio and climate controls are separate but run back to the same conglomerate I think. I had to wire my harness wire by wire, but bosch sends instructions for each individual wire's purpose. Make sure you got the right wires I guess. Hope this helps.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”