Keyfob windows go down issue ?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Sf49168

Keyfob windows go down issue ?

Postby Sf49168 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Hello

I have a 2008 pathfinder Se and notice a few times my windows ( usually fronts ) would be down for no reason when I go outside. I know that I mostly close them anytime I go somewhere ( minus crack etc )

I had a maxima also in which this happened to and can't figure out why. I heard about this Nissan fob issue , however , can't find info on what the actual problem is

Thanks & sorry if this is posted elsewhere

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:46 am

I think this is happening because your jeans are too tight. Kidding. Sort of.

The Nissan key fob is insanely sensitive and has a reception that reaches to the moon. When I walk into the office, I used to put my keys in my front pocket. On days when I'd wear my jeans, I could pretty much count on the fact that, when I returned to my car (a full block away), my front windows would be rolled all the way down and my lock chirp would be disabled (both are controlled by the key fob). It would happen when I sit or bend down with my keys in my pocket.

Sf49168

Postby Sf49168 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 am

DanJetta wrote:I think this is happening because your jeans are too tight. Kidding. Sort of.

The Nissan key fob is insanely sensitive and has a reception that reaches to the moon. When I walk into the office, I used to put my keys in my front pocket. On days when I'd wear my jeans, I could pretty much count on the fact that, when I returned to my car (a full block away), my front windows would be rolled all the way down and my lock chirp would be disabled (both are controlled by the key fob). It would happen when I sit or bend down with my keys in my pocket.

Any idea What the reason windows are going down in the first place ? There's no window button on the fob

Thanks

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 am

Sf49168 wrote:Any idea What the reason windows are going down in the first place ? There's no window button on the fob

Thanks
It's a feature. Hold the unlock button and the windows will roll down. Quite a few brands offer this and I've seen so many "why are my windows rolling down randomly" questions on forums over the years....it makes me wonder who actually wanted this feature to begin with. Very few people seem to know it exists!

Sf49168

Postby Sf49168 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:19 am

skinny2 wrote:
Sf49168 wrote:Any idea What the reason windows are going down in the first place ? There's no window button on the fob

Thanks
It's a feature. Hold the unlock button and the windows will roll down. Quite a few brands offer this and I've seen so many "why are my windows rolling down randomly" questions on forums over the years....it makes me wonder who actually wanted this feature to begin with. Very few people seem to know it exists!

Thanks a lot. Ill see if that's the issue

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 am

DanJetta wrote:I think this is happening because your jeans are too tight. Kidding. Sort of.

Same issue here. I never put the key fob in my pocket because of a few times I thought I had ghosts & the windows were down.

Return to “R51 Electrical”