R50 Terrano ZD30

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Skid4x4

R50 Terrano ZD30

Postby Skid4x4 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:00 am

Hi all, I'm having some trouble uploading a picture, I will get it to my drop box and post a link soon, I'm new to the sight but not to nissans,
Over the years I've had, sunnys, maximas, still have a navara td2.7t, 2 Terrano td27t, and now the r50 Terrano with the ZD30ddti, I will start a thread in the technical area as the r50 is a long story and I now have some questions on it,

but here's the short version,

When I brought it I was told, new rebuild just driven home from rebuilders,
New pistons, rings, head and turbo, done by the car dealer that the last owner got if from.
Went great, for 19,200 km.
Real happy with it till, going up a hill it had done many times before and burnt out 2 pistons,
Turns out now I've tracked down the rebuilders ect, that the car dealer ordered a patch up, (against the rebuilders better knowledge)
2 only second hand pistons were fitted, sleeves re-honed, new rings, new head, and a reconditioned turbo, not new. I have the rebuilders invoice copy coming to me for proof before re approaching the guy I brought it off to see who told him it was new parts like he listed when I brought it.

Anyway it looks like there wasn't too much collateral damage along the way so just my time now to take the rest of the engine out to deal with the bottom end. The head looks good still tho I will have it tested while it's off,

The rebuilders have offered cost price parts which is good.
But once I've compared stories I will be having a good talk to the dealer about this whole thing, (assuming it's him that told his buyer it was a full rebuild)

This won't put me off the truck, as it's great for work, and will last a long time with the proper rebuild. But I will be installing the NADS kit upon rebuild to stop the new build being exposed to any issues that were known in this year range.

I always research and check for myself as much as I can when I have a new vehicle to explore, but my 15 years of pottering on nissans has taught me that
Certain parts require knowledge only gained from doing it and that info, (tricks or catches) can save you or take you hours, if you do or don't know about them.
So needless to say I only ask if I can't find what I need or just can't figure it out.

You'll be glad that's the short story, I'll post a link to some pictures tomorrow when I get it the computer, and a link to the technical questions post when I put that up,

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”