Hello From Ohio! Questions on Newly Purchased '08 Pathfinder

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Find_The_Path

Hello From Ohio! Questions on Newly Purchased '08 Pathfinder

Postby Find_The_Path » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:27 am

Hello from Ohio!!!
I have been researching Pathfinders for a little while now and finally bought one yesterday.
2008 S 94,000 miles
Black with tan interior
Running boards only accessory.

I still have my '01 Civic which I'm going to cruise in until I take care of the transmission at least. Then selling it for Pathfinder repairs/upgrades.

The first question I have is about the transmission bypass. I have been reading so much about this topic, I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I have an online girlfriend. From what I gather there are three options:
1) Bypass all together
2) Add additional heat exchanger
3) Replace Radiator
My first inclination is to go with number 3 as I would like to think that there is a reason for the transmission fluid to be conditioned. With number 2, you only get cooling, no heating in the winter. Coming off a winter that saw long periods of 0 degree temperatures, I can only assume that a little heat would be nice to have.
So what is the consensus on this topic? I am ok spending a few hundred bucks to do something if it's the best option. I called Nissan and the tech recommended replacing the radiator with one that has been "Corrected". He knew I would be doing the work myself, so I trust he wasn't just trying to sell me.

Secondly, the CD ejector is broken on the radio. From what I gather, most places won't repair these units, and it would be so much cheaper to just get a replacement unit. I have seen a few options that play DVD's, have I-pod inputs, blue tooth, etc... Does anyone have and recommendations for a good head unit and trim kit to install it? I have read a few posts about this subject as well.

Finally, tire pressure light is on even though pressure is fine. Nissan quoted $225 to replace it, local auto guy said he could try to cone it.. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Any other major maintenace items that I should take care of before unleashing the beast?

I hope people don't think I am too lazy to search the boards, I just figured if people have read through them all already, and have a pretty good UNDERSTANDING of the issues and the best suggestions off the top of their heads, it would help a noob like me out, and let my wife sleep better.. LOL.

Thank you for any/all help!!!!!!!!!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:28 am

welcome.
the bypass will not affect the heating the interior cabin. when it's 0 degrees outside. i would assume you let the truck warm up. by doing so the trans fluid will get up to temperature with no issues. as for the aftermarket audio units. i personally only deal with pioneer units. they have given me no issues at all. if you do go with a screen double din, get yourself a good alarm. too many thieves looking to upgrade at your expense. the radio kit i purchased from onlinecarstereo.com

Find_The_Path

Postby Find_The_Path » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks for the tips! I mean no heating of the tranny fluid in the winter time as the engine heats up. Sorry for the confusion. I've had a number of people tell me that would not be an issue.
And I have heard of Pioneer units being good. Can you recommend a certin unit, as well as mounting kit? I could dig into the forums, but I have been spending all my free time trying to get the bypass figured out. Would like to eventually be able to install one (maybe two) little screens in he back so the kids can watch TV while on long trips. Know if a standard unit had a video/audio out that would do something like that?
And I'll have to look into an alarm, would hate to donate to criminals. Would also be nice to have a remote start put in with the alarm for the cold winter months where I park my car outside at work.
Thanks for the reply!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”