lift kit question

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

cripk8

lift kit question

Postby cripk8 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:29 pm

http://performancelifts.com/prg-product ... i-kit.html

Anyone know anything about this? I put 285/70/17s on my 2012 Pathfinder, did the plastic melt mod and I still have rubbing.looking for a decent inexpensive 2" kit and this seems okay. Anyone have any experience with this lift? thanks in advance!

BloodClot

Postby BloodClot » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:31 pm

My understanding is even though you are lifting your suspension 2" your wheels are still traveling up and down the same path. The Pathy is just sitting 2" higher. Turning your wheels fully compressed with these 2" lifts will still give you the same rubbing issues. These spacers or loaded front quick lifts do not allow for bigger tires, even though they say they do. A body lift or some kind of extreme solid axle swap and some trimming of the fender would.

Where is your rubbing? On the frame or still inside the wheel well? Pictures??
What tires are you running? Brand, Mud, a/t, ??? Different brands run at different sizes.
Stock wheels or after market? Back spacing can play a huge roll.

As far as cheap, yes thats cheap. I think the other route is rancho loaded front struts and spacers for the rear (or HD replacement springs), front camber bolts for proper alignment..maybe even new rear shocks...

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”