Air lift advice

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Air lift advice

Postby Kestral » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:35 am

I just had my Air lift 1000 installed and everyone was right the difference is quite significant! The ride seems the same it's the side to side sway or lack there of that is the biggest difference for me it just seems to handle like a different truck now. I was wondering what everyone was running for air pressure with no load on the truck though so I could narrow it down without guessing? The guy who installed it set it for 18.lbs empty and I felt that was a little high so now I'm at 12.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:15 am

I run around 22 but I'm pretty hard into the corners and don't mind a little rough ride.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 am

I settled in at around 13 psi.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 am

What the heck guys I'm upset! .. I set them both at 12 last night and today I check and one is at 12 and the other is at 10 PSI. I think one of my bags has a slow leak! Anyway I put them back at 12 and I will check it again in a day or so.. By the way 12psi seems good with no load. I will keep you updated

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 pm

It's not uncommon to lose a couple of pounds when you first install them and the bags become settled within the coil springs. IIRC, it even says that in the directions. If you keep losing air, then get some soapy water and check for leaks.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:46 pm

smj999smj wrote:It's not uncommon to lose a couple of pounds when you first install them and the bags become settled within the coil springs. IIRC, it even says that in the directions. If you keep losing air, then get some soapy water and check for leaks.
Thanks for that tip I should have noticed that in the instructions I will keep my eye on it.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Kestral wrote:
smj999smj wrote:It's not uncommon to lose a couple of pounds when you first install them and the bags become settled within the coil springs. IIRC, it even says that in the directions. If you keep losing air, then get some soapy water and check for leaks.
Thanks for that tip I should have noticed that in the instructions I will keep my eye on it.
All turned out great with my Airlift once the air bags seemed to Seattle in all was good and they hold air just fine. My parents are borrowing my Pathy for a long trip with 4 people and lots of luggage so I pumped them up to 22 psi and it should be perfect for them. I really can't get over how much of a difference it made in my Pathy the truck handles so much better now both with a load and without. Thanks all for the advice and input on the air bags.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”