Rear wheel alignment toe issue

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

ColinK

Rear wheel alignment toe issue

Postby ColinK » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:43 am

I have an issue with the rear alignment on my Pathfinder, the drivers side wheel toe is out quite a bit, you can basically see it with the naked eye.

I was advised by local wheel alignment chaps to replace lower link arm which has the adjustment bush on it, did that but no difference.

Any suggestions what else I may try?

Colin

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Did the alignment shop state what's needed to get it aligned? Something must be off for it to be out. Maybe you need to go to a frame shop? Is the vehicle the stock height or has it been lifted?

ColinK

Postby ColinK » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:09 pm

The alignment shop said its the lower link arm which I replaced.
The vehicle has Iron man springs and shocks, otherwise stock.
Doubt it could be frame as never been in accident.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:12 am

If the Ironman suspension components lifted the vehicle, it may have put it to the point of where it will not be able to be adjusted within factory specs using the otherwise stock suspension, which is an issue when you are dealing with an independent rear type suspension. It's hard to say how much of an affect it will have on your handling and/or tire wear without knowing how far out of spec it is. You may want to contact Ironman's tech support, if they have it, or customer support to see if they have a kit to correct this issue. If not, try 4x4parts.com; they specialize in Nissan off-road parts and may be able to give you some advice.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”