Service engine Light no reverse

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

gruber

Service engine Light no reverse

Postby gruber » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi Folks ,
Im new to this so I hope u can bare with me, My wife has a 2006 with 95k,She was driving today for approx 5 min when the service engine light came on and she said the car lacked power.
I stepped on gas and it felt like it had plenty of power. Shifted through the transmission and no reverse. A buddy told me to shut of car and restart.

Tranny is fine now. enginge light is still on.

Is it safe to drive? Possible issue?

Thanks in advance ! Cheers!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:43 pm

It's probably safe to drive, but you obviously have something going on. If the CEL came on, then there should be a stored trouble code. Find out what the code is and it will help figure out what is wrong. Many auto parts stores will pull OBD II codes for no charge.

labsy

Postby labsy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:52 pm

You can read diagnostic codes using this manual I posted here:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=11419

Go to "ENGINE" --> "Engine Control System", page EC-994 and there you'll find how to switch to diagnostic mode. Then read Engine Check light blinking sequence. As it repeats indefintelly, I suggest you check it over and over again few times to read proper diag code.
Helpful is to know, that "longer" blinks 0,6 sec means a thousands number (for example, 2 longer blinks mean 2000), followed by blinks for 100's, 10's and 1's, which are all represented by a bit shorter blinks of 0,3 sec.
Follows next code, and next and when finished, begins from the start.

After you are 100% sure you read diag codes correctly, you can (while in diag mode) erase them by fully depressing accelerator pedal and holding it for at least 10 seconds. But do NOT do that if you are really not 100% sure you read codes right, otherwise real mechanics ight have problems diagnosing the trouble.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”