Anyone cross shop the R52 with the new Durango?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

Sayantsi

Anyone cross shop the R52 with the new Durango?

Postby Sayantsi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:42 am

So the new Pathfinder looks nice but the new Durango does as well. Anyone else here spent time evaluating the two?

These two seem to be the front runners of the current crop of large SUVs, and the Dodge is nicely appointed, plus I like the idea of an 8-speed transmission vs CVT, but I haven't driven either yet.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:56 am

I can tell you this much as far as the R52: Consumer Reports has recently ranked it at the bottom of its class due to reliability issues. For that reason, alone, it might be worth taking a better look at the Durango.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Do you need a third row? If not I'd look at the Grand Cherokee.

Grumpah

Re: Anyone cross shop the R52 with the new Durango?

Postby Grumpah » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Sayantsi wrote:So the new Pathfinder looks nice but the new Durango does as well. Anyone else here spent time evaluating the two?
There's a pretty extensive comparison here:
http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/84- ... tadel.html

Sayantsi

Postby Sayantsi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 am

Yeah, thanks for the replies. The New Pathy hasn't sold me with its combination of CVT, issues, styling, and power, where the Durango has me questioning Chrysler build quality. That said, Dodges from the past 5 years have all been well put together and it seems that Chrysler is finally getting its act together, plus the truck is still a truck.

I'd only look at an 8-spd Durango, but as it stands now, I may just trade up my 06 on an 11 R51... other than miles accumulation, I've loved the truck.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:07 am

Dodge has come a long way I recently drove a new Grand Cherokee Summit with a friend who is interested in upgrading the Grand Cherokee Summit he leased three years ago. We were both impressed with the latest one it really is a great SUV in many ways although pricy can't recall exact figures but somewhere around $55,000. The one he leased three years ago has had no issues at all through 60,000 miles. He may buy out his lease it's a great truck maybe not quite as refined as the new one but still great.

We did take out the new Dodge Durango as well and although not as plush as what my friend wanted we both thought it was great as well and if I were in the market I would put it at the top of my list.

jiggyk4

Postby jiggyk4 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:37 am

We also compared the two durango and pathfinder and we found that the pathfinder had more room in the second row for child seats and booster seats than durango. While the durango seemed to be a little nicer inside the pathfinder won out with us because of more room in second row and the panoramic sunroof. The kids have spoken i guess

Return to “R52 General Chat”