add some height to the Rancho quick lift?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

DiBo

add some height to the Rancho quick lift?

Postby DiBo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm

how do I add another inch or two to the setup I have? safely that is

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 am

For the rear set-up there is always the poly bushing spacer(looks like you already have) and in addition either of the 2 sets of springs from 4x4parts (MD & HD, both different heights).

As for the front, there's always both the frontier leveling kit or PRG spacer option.

Are you trying yo add larger tires or???

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:05 pm

no larger tires, just want some more clearance for the trails.

you think i will be able to get the alingment right if i got the longer springs in the rear to go on top of the spacers i already have and the prog spacers in the front?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:34 am

It would definitely be close. But considering the small lift with medium duty springs and the same with the leveling/spacer for the front, I would say it’s close to possible.

Personally, I would do some fender trimming like this: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ee6448af05

I sure as sh^t wish I would have done this before I paid a body shop to modify mine.

Or adjust the alignment at least for the front like this: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/ ... ols-28535/

Long thread but deep ion there you find how you can adjust your camber bolts (if you have them) and then take it to an alignment shop (assuming it's not 100 miles away) and only have them adjust the toe.

What that does is push the front wheels forward as far as they can go which eliminates the rubbing and adds clearance on the area nearest the cab.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”