Rear seat cupholder removal

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

truomega

Rear seat cupholder removal

Postby truomega » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 pm

2006 pathfinder rear seat cup holder:
Im not certain but to remove the whole unit (not just the cup holder but the whole assembly where the cupholder slides into), do you need to remove the center armrest to get the assembly out or is there an easier way without removing the whole center area? Mine is broken at the hinges where the cup holder pivots on so repairing it is not possible. I can buy the replacement unit but unsure on the procedures for the swap itself. Thanks for the help.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:07 am

Are you talking about the 2nd row cup holders that fold out of the back of the center console? If so, I have replaced mine. No tools or dis-assembly needed. With it in the closed position you can just grab the bottom and pull it straight out.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 am

The cup holder is no longer available as a separate piece. That back panel that has the integrated cup holder has to be replaced. Mine is broken too, I spoke to courtesy nissan a week or so ago about it. I haven't looked at the procedure yet, but I suspect the console will have to be lifted. I will use the manual that I grabbed from the PATH many months ago for the repair. Suggest grabbing a copy of that...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:19 am

There was a TSB for this issue (NTB09-145). You can download it here:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local_li ... Sf3GpOS9-8

truomega

Postby truomega » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:34 am

purchased the whole cup holder assembly from ebay for 60 dollars. It just came in. To install it i removed the armrest held on by 3 screws then pulled off the back panel (panel that has the rear temp gauge knobs) which is held in by clips. While it was out it was fairly easy to remove the old assembly. The old cup holder assembly is held in by a few tabs. 2 on the bottom and a single tab on either side. I tried removing it with the rear still on but was 10 times easier with the rear part (part with the rear climate control knobs) pulled off. Once the old one was out, i just had to push in the new cup holder assembly and all was well. Fit like a glove. Thanks all for the help.

mrjfk65

Postby mrjfk65 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 pm

I have a question, has anyone else tried walking into a Nissan dealership with this issue on a car that is well out of warranty?

I mention this because SMJ999SMJ mentioned the TSB from Nissan.

My cup holder broke the first time we pulled it down, and put a cup in it. The plastic pieces on the side are what broke. My 2006 LE was purchased used by me with 93,000 miles on 01/29/2015

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:42 pm

TSB's are for service personnel to easily find fixes for customer problems. If the vehicle is not under warranty, they're not obligated to repair anything whether there's a TSB or not. It's not like a recall.

Of course nothing stops you from asking for a "good will" warranty repair but that's highly unlikely at this point unless you're good fishing buddies with the service manager.

mrjfk65

Postby mrjfk65 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks Skinny, I kinda figured as much. The good news is this part is sold on Amazon for $62,15 under part number Genuine Nissan 96965-ZP00C Cup Holder

As always, everyone on this thread is fantastic.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”