Seat 6&7 floor mounted seat belt part - SORTED - Thanks

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

NISSANDY64

Seat 6&7 floor mounted seat belt part - SORTED - Thanks

Postby NISSANDY64 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:04 am

I have cause to replace the floor mounted part of the seat belts for seats 6&7 in my 2010 Pathfinder. Can anyone tell me if the nuts on the underside are captive or not. I am hoping that I can simply buy two new seatbelt receivers, undo the existing bolts and replace without going under the car.

The reason - when I came to use the seatbelts for the first time since buying the car a couple of months ago, the stitching that created the retaining loop in the fabric was non existent on one of the straps and the belt simply came up in my hands. The retaining bracket is still in situ. There is evidence that the stitching was once there as the stitch holes are evident but the thread is nowhere to be seen.

Thanks

Andy
Last edited by NISSANDY64 on Wed May 06, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 am

There's no nut on the underside of the truck if that's what you're asking, the threads are in the floor. All of the anchor bolts for the seats and seat belts are pretty easy to get in and out.

I've taken the entire interior of mine apart to do sound damping, and that wasn't the biggest PITA by far.

NISSANDY64

Postby NISSANDY64 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:37 am

ShipFixer wrote:There's no nut on the underside of the truck if that's what you're asking, the threads are in the floor. All of the anchor bolts for the seats and seat belts are pretty easy to get in and out.

I've taken the entire interior of mine apart to do sound damping, and that wasn't the biggest PITA by far.
Brilliant, Thanks ShipFixer!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed May 06, 2015 8:51 am

You should contact your Nissan dealer; they may be covered under warranty still.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed May 06, 2015 9:49 am

smj999smj wrote:You should contact your Nissan dealer; they may be covered under warranty still.
that's right!
seat belt warranty (for defects) is 10 yrs from original purchase date
https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/te ... _N_WIB.pdf
see pg 14

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”