Sunglasses storage catch broken

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

RichyRich1886

Sunglasses storage catch broken

Postby RichyRich1886 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm

I've just purchased a 2005 T-spec model and I'm delighted with it, however, there are a few issues with it and I wondered where I could get parts from.
The sunglasses storage area above the rear view mirror is brooen, as in it is permanently open, the latch to secure it shut is broken so it won't secure shut and hangs open all the time, very annoying so now I've put some Blutac on it to keep it permanently closed which means I can't use it to put my sunnys in! I don't know what the part number is or even how to access it, can anyone help please?

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 am

Map lamp assembly, if memory serves. Its about $120 at Courtesy Nissan. That was only 10 bucks cheaper than my local dealer... SO I bought locally.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu May 14, 2015 8:25 am

T-spec is a diesel?
parts may be different from American models (then again, they may not) :o

(ran)

Postby (ran) » Thu May 28, 2015 3:08 pm

I just had the latch on my sunglass holder break about a week ago also. There was a post on a Navara forum that lead me to these.

It's a latch for Brabantia trash bins. They shipped from the UK to the US in about a week. Just an hour ago I pulled off the overhead console. Popped out the broken one, put in the new one. It works perfectly.

M6C DAZ

Postby M6C DAZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 am

I had this on mine, I folded up an old receipt I had in the car, jammed it in as I closed it, it doesn't fall down any more ;)

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”