188,135 on the clock when she died...

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

aadadams

188,135 on the clock when she died...

Postby aadadams » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 pm

In the mountains no less. About an hour from where the QX4 died before it. Engine then and engine now. this time it cost me 800 plus hotel and rental car to get home last time it was just the rental car. I knew it was nearing the end one way or the other, because she was showing signs of exhaustion. I wasn't going to fix anything else major on it, and I didn't want to bother with private sale. So, I gave her to the Jeep dealer when i bought my Grand Cherokee after work this evening. Fare the well... BTW, Anyone need 2005-2007 (or is it 2008) headlights? I bought a set to retrofit, and never got around to it. Also taking the Kenwood 9980HD out, the radio will be installed into my daughters car, but all those adapters that come off are free to a good home.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:27 am

Any idea what failed?

If the headlights are for 05-07 I may be interested.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:51 pm

The headlights are for that year range. I'd give them to you, if you were local... The box they came in is pretty big and I really dread my local post office. I think it seized, I tried to turn it over traditionally, but could not tell for sure. The dealer changed the oil just before our trip and gave it a once over. I was hearing a rattle on start up that would go away right after. I thought it was related to the timing chain issue but after having that fixed it continued. The cost of ownership for me with this truck was likely so high I could have driven a range rover, I jest, but I really was completely frustrated with the number and cost of major repairs. I just couldn't bear to spend another dime... If you have relatives or friends in the DC metro area I'll give the headlights to them for you... Let me know. First come, first served.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:17 pm

sent you an email. Let me know if you get it.

Return to “General Automotive”