Just bought an 05 Pathfinder LE!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Doodooshootooo wrote: Weird! I swear the one I read the other day had you connecting two hoses. I can't find it though. This is what I do though, right? Just swap hoses like here?

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread ... pics/25955
do this.........no additional parts needed for early models........
bellwilliam wrote:just did the bypass. easier done than describing it. but I did not use any additional parts. no coupler, no hose clamp (reuse original), no zip tie.

you have 2 hoses -
hose A - from external transmission cooler to radiator (passenger side)
hose B - from radiator (driver side) to engine block.

take hose A off radiator (passenger side) and plug into engine block
take hose B off engine block and plug into radiator (passenger side), forming a loop within.

reuse all the old hose and clamp. length is perfect.

Before

After

Doodooshootooo

Postby Doodooshootooo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:35 pm

It's been done. Now when we go to tow shit this winter, I just need to get a secondary transmission cooler?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:53 am

Doodooshootooo wrote:It's been done. Now when we go to tow shit this winter, I just need to get a secondary transmission cooler?
i tow practically nothing, ever
the general consensus is that for lightweight towing, no additional cooler is necessary
i'm not a big fan of aftermarket coolers & their additional plumbing and mounting
an additional cooler in front of or behind the radiator has to (some extent) reduce air flow through them, especially when they are needed the most at low speeds
if I were to tow often and/or heavy loads for long distances, i'd put in a new radiator
there are others here with more towing experience, that can shed more light on this question

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”