Rear speakers and screen stopped working

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

yahyafm

Rear speakers and screen stopped working

Postby yahyafm » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:57 am

The rear dvd display and speakers stopped working suddenly on my 2010 LE.
The display isn't fully turned off, it just displays the text 'AUX' and the current time. Sound only works on the front speakers for all sources (radio, cd, dvd). I tried adjusting the Fade control and sound goes away completely when set 100% to rear.

In advance, thanks for any pointers on how to investigate and fix this issue.

dcommoncents

Postby dcommoncents » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Any luck? I'm having sort of the opposite problem... screen and rear speakers work, but not the front speakers. However, this only started after my beloved fiance left the sunroof open on a rainy night.

yahyafm

Postby yahyafm » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Well I "fixed" the rear display issue. Turned out there was a remote in the center storage box and one of the buttons probably got pressed when I was putting stuff in it. This changed the screen source to AUX, thus that was being displayed. I managed to fix the settings after fiddling with the remote a bit. Seems some functions of the system are only available via this remote.

I still haven't figured out the rear speaker issue. What's strange is that I followed the speaker diagnostic procedure (hold Settings button and turn volume counter clockwise 30 clicks with engine on), and there is sound coming out of the rear speakers. But they don't work for any other audio input - radio, dvd, cd, aux

hmm in fact I did leave the sunroof open one day, but that was only for a half hour and it was a light drizzle. Hope that's not related :)

Return to “R51 Electrical”