Map sensor code

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jetstream87

Map sensor code

Postby jetstream87 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:09 am

I am currently a owner of a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE in which I got the car about two months ago, when I barely got it I saw that the check engine light was on in which I decided to put the scanner in, in which it gave me the code of Knock sensor so I changed it and it went away. After that it threw back the code P0400 Exhause Gas Recirculation Flow in which we saw that the two small hoses were not connected and boom problem solved. Now we see that the new code that is giving us is the Map/BARO Pressure Switch Solenoid Valve (P1105) in which the mechanic told me to run the car and it should go away, I rant it about 122 miles and still there. Can anyone tell me if I have to change the sensor even thou the computer never picked it up before changing the knock sensor or should I keep driving it to see if it goes off? I have tried deleting the sensor but when I drove it a couple of feet again boom kicked in.........also the scanner cannot located the car model and make when I plug it in, I have to put it in manually.[/img]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 pm

"Back in the day" when I worked for Nissan, I did run across a few of those MAP/Baro switch solenoid valves that would stick intermittently and trigger the code, so it's possible that the solenoid valve is your problem. That said, they only way to correctly diagnose any CEL is to retrieve the code and follow the diagnostic procedure step-by-step given for that code as listed in the factory service manual until the exact cause is isolated. If all of the hoses look good and you're the gambling type, you could replace the part, erase the codes and see if the code comes back or not. Otherwise, it's get a manual and a multi-meter and hand-held vacuum pump and do the diagnostic steps or pay someone to do it.

jetstream87

Postby jetstream87 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:00 am

smj999smj wrote:"Back in the day" when I worked for Nissan, I did run across a few of those MAP/Baro switch solenoid valves that would stick intermittently and trigger the code, so it's possible that the solenoid valve is your problem. That said, they only way to correctly diagnose any CEL is to retrieve the code and follow the diagnostic procedure step-by-step given for that code as listed in the factory service manual until the exact cause is isolated. If all of the hoses look good and you're the gambling type, you could replace the part, erase the codes and see if the code comes back or not. Otherwise, it's get a manual and a multi-meter and hand-held vacuum pump and do the diagnostic steps or pay someone to do it.
I did erase the code and the check engine light went out but when I turn the car back on boom the same code pops up in which the monitors will not settle in since due to that error. I check the hoses and it seems fine, check the wiring and nothing is wrong, the sensor is not crack or anything like how I found the knock sensor. My guess is to replace it.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”