Headlamp recommendations for 2006 Pathfinder LE?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

What headlights do you recommend?

Stock headlight
No votes
DT Moto Chrome Halo CCFL projector
No votes
Spyder Chrome HaloCCFL projector
No votes
Anzo Chrome Halo CCFL projector
No votes

Total votes: 0

smj999smj
Site Admin

Headlamp recommendations for 2006 Pathfinder LE?

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:15 pm

I have to replace one of my headlamps (damaged) on my 2006 LE and have been debating about switching to some aftermarket, chrome CCFL projector headlamps. I know we cover this every few months, but anyone have any recommendations for a set of lamps under $350/pair? Here are some I've looked into:

Spyder-I really liked the look of these and at $276, the price is in the ballpark. However...once I started reading reviews, the general consensus is that they are junk. Some didn't work or didn't work long, among other problems.

DT Moto-Priced at $172 on Ebay and look a lot like the Spyders...and I'm suspicious that they may be made by Spyder, or vice versa. I couldn't find much on reviews for the Pathfinder. Anyone try these?

Anzo-Found them for $276, but found a lot of bad reviews regarding condensation building up inside of them, as well as fitment issues.

IPCW-These are not CCFL, but a nice looking set of headlamps. However, I couldn't find a single review for them anywhere!

If they are all junk, I guess I'll stick with a stock headlamp. Your comments and advice are requested! :)

Shilly

Postby Shilly » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:48 pm

I would suggest oem,and retrofit some projectors. Check out the retrofit source for parts,and hid planet forum for some ideas. Those aftermarket projectors have really horrible light output. They also have cheap wiring and have a tendancy to burn up.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:12 pm

I've heard bad reviews about the retrofits, as well, plus they are a lot more expensive than I want to spend. I've heard the reflectors inside the factory lamps aren't ideal for HID retrofits.

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:35 am

I've been considering the Spyders too. On CarID they've got 4.5 stars for the more expensive model.

My issue is more about piss-poor lighting than damage though. I've also been considering a light bar that is properly mounted and aimed. I just want to SEE!

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:06 am

For best results is to find a cheap projector headlamp assembly and replace the h1 low beam with hid bulbs. Might be nesssary to modify the cut off plate to get a clean cut off line.

Shilly

Postby Shilly » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 am

smj999smj wrote:I've heard bad reviews about the retrofits, as well, plus they are a lot more expensive than I want to spend. I've heard the reflectors inside the factory lamps aren't ideal for HID retrofits.
You would be placing a complete projector assembly inside your lens,the reflector would not be used at all.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:34 pm

azaizai wrote:I've been considering the Spyders too. On CarID they've got 4.5 stars for the more expensive model.
Check out the reviews for them on Amazon.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:53 am

Thupertrooper wrote:For best results is to find a cheap projector headlamp assembly and replace the h1 low beam with hid bulbs. Might be nesssary to modify the cut off plate to get a clean cut off line.
I agree. Not sure which ones I got off carID, but they are still working quite well. I took them apart before installing to check the wiring and also to run a number of beads of sealant along all the seams. No problem with condensation and the HIDs I have for the low beams are a huge improvement. A bit of discoloration of the outer plastic, but it doesn't impact light output.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Well, a deer helped make my decision for me. Last night I was going to work and two deer ran in front of me. I missed the first but nailed the second, breaking the driver's headlamp and fog lamp, tearing up the bumper cover and fender. Fortunately, I kept comprehensive insurance on it so I'll be getting a new, Nissan headlamp. Maybe I'll look more into the HIDs a bit more.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:09 pm

smj999smj wrote:Well, a deer helped make my decision for me. Last night I was going to work and two deer ran in front of me. I missed the first but nailed the second, breaking the driver's headlamp and fog lamp, tearing up the bumper cover and fender. Fortunately, I kept comprehensive insurance on it so I'll be getting a new, Nissan headlamp. Maybe I'll look more into the HIDs a bit more.
Oh gosh thats not good. Did you atleast make deer jerky? I have almost hit 2 deers on a sharp turn in broad daylight i can only imagine at night.
If you do get HIDs i do recommend projectors as it will do two things, light up the pavement more and keep the glare down for other vehicles.
I went with ebay headlights on my silverado and they still doing good.

Return to “R51 Electrical”