Broken rear door handle 07 uk pathy.

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

cliffclop

Broken rear door handle 07 uk pathy.

Postby cliffclop » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:58 am

Hi all, I've had my pathfinder 8years now and it's great! I've had the usual trouble with the rear door handles but they were replaced under warranty. One has broken now and I got a replacement on eBay, but when I've gone to replace it, the mechanism looks different ie metal not plastic, and the cable won't stay in the mechanism when I offer the handle back into the door. There is a video of a lad replacing one on you tube, but it doesn't show what he does with the cable. Any advice would be great fully received as it's driving me mad!!

Thanks Clive.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:38 pm

I always thought it was interesting that the European Pathfinders have had so many problems with the rear door handles breaking and it is almost unheard of in the North American Pathfinders. It makes you wonder what the difference is between the two. Any chance you got a door handle for a North American spec Pathfinder which maybe why it isn't working? Hope you find your answer and keep us updated.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”