Hello, OEM Roof Rack question

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

GulfMarshBayouBay

Hello, OEM Roof Rack question

Postby GulfMarshBayouBay » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm

hello all, im new here...... i hope this question hasnt been worn thin? i looked and couldnt find any info

i have an 04 LE and my roof rack is the 2 cross member style. i am wanting and wondering if the style that runs the length of the truck and says PATHFINDER on it will fit on mine....? if so any info on what i have to do to search for it? cant find anything. thank ya'll for any help. God Bless from Louisiana :D

Hawairish

Postby Hawairish » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Yep, it'll fit no problem. You'll need pretty much everything except the 6 anchors that you'll find under the existing rails that mount directly to the roof. (Don't remove those from your roof, btw...they're held in by nuts that will fall onto your headliner.)

Hawairish

Postby Hawairish » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:37 pm

Didn't think I still had an image around, but these are the parts you'll need, except those 3 cross bars. However, they will fit underneath the top rails.

Once you pop up the plastic end caps, you'll expose the bolts that hold the upper rails to the lower rails. I believe the lower rails are different between this style, and the style you have, but not entirely sure. If they are the same, then you just need the upper rails and hardware.

At the very top of the pic (hard to see) are the plastic trim pieces that go between the windshield and the lower rail. You just need to slide these off a clip to remove them. All pretty easy to get off, just need a Torx bit.

The pic is of a rack I pulled from a JY vehicle and shipped to a guy with the older style. I have the newer style, and I also use the 3 cross bars.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”