Rear view mirror

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

damion

Rear view mirror

Postby damion » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

I purchased a 2014 Pathfinder SL with "NAV" new. What I would like to do is change my rear view mirror to one that has a compass as well as dimming and home link.The compass that came with the Nav. package has a lot to be desired.
While driving and trying to see the "small pea shape" and figure which direction
is not pleasant.I'm very disappointed that Nissan would drop the compass when purchasing the " Nav. Pkge."What I want to know is- If I purchase a mirror at a wrecking yard, what Year and does it matter what model of Nissan vehicle.
I would like to be able to remove my mirror that has everything but a compass and be able to hook the "new one" up without any additional wiring and having it work properly.

damion

Rear Mirror

Postby damion » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:58 am

Updating
I've just installed a mirror from the wreckers. The mirror came out of a 2014 Pathfinder SL. The mirror has -auto dim-home link and COMPASS. Everything works perfectly. The mirror cost $50. Canadian. I now have my dime size needle compass with "Nav." and one in the mirror that shows me the direction the vehicle is going.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Congrats on the upgrade. Yeah, a lot of people are complaining about that. Hopefully, Nissan is listening and will change that for later models. While they're at it, they should also add the temperature to the mirror display like Chevy trucks and SUVs have. It's a pain for your passengers having to constantly nag you to know what the outside temperature is.

Return to “R52 Electrical”