05 pathfinder se off road no heat til driving

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

jessco

05 pathfinder se off road no heat til driving

Postby jessco » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello, Im new to the forum, and new to the nissan community.
i replaced our jeep cherokee with this very nice pathfinder this fall. The issue im having is, I can start it up in cold weather, Maine, and let it idle for 15 minutes or so and it wont produce any heat until I drive it for a mile or so. The radiator has been upgraded, the coolant level is full and it doesnt appear any air is in the system. After driving for a bit, the heater works just fine. Am I looking at a thermostat issue, or possibly a water pump flow issue? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 am

This happened with our Pathfinder and it ended up being a little low on coolant. Pick up some Nissan coolant and mix it 50/50 with distilled water. It'll probably take a quart or two to top off the system.

Good Luck!

Redcliff

Postby Redcliff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:43 pm

I am having this same problem! Did you find a fix for it?

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Add coolant to the reservoir and it should correct your problem with no heat at idle. That tends to happen with Pathfinder that are equipped with the auto climate control.

pathy-logical

Postby pathy-logical » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:20 pm

I have the same thing happening. I've let it run for as long as 30 minutes in 30 degree F temps. Doesn't produce heat until I start driving it. When it does start blowing hot air it works great. I don't have auto climate control, coolant level is okay.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”