National Forest trails

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

ZPOC RDY

National Forest trails

Postby ZPOC RDY » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Took my Pathy offroad for the first time in my ownership (and likely the first time for its entire existence considering the previous owners) which was also the first time I've taken anything offroad. I have to say, this was by far the best experience I could've asked for. I had to intentionally get stuck in 2WD just to test out the capabilities. No stuck 4HI or 4LO. I have street tires and stock ride height and I was rolling with 2 (2"+) lifted trucks with A/T tires. I scraped up my running board from a tight turn that ended up being a bit too high for my liking, but at least it's not the body. Got it on 3 wheels at the same turn. Got it nice and dusty/ muddy.
Oh, and I camped inside it. I read on here about a few of ya'll talking about having to/ choosing to stay inside overnight and I thought I'd try it out. They each had 1 person tents with their dogs, and I wasn't about to break out my 8 person tent for myself. I was pretty comfortable, even though I was on a slope (front bumper higher by almost 6"). It's safe to say my wife and I could stay in it comfortably once I get an adequate roof cargo tray. As it was, I had a few modular totes I had to leave outside to be able to fit inside. Attached are some photos.
Image[/img][/url]

ZPOC RDY

Postby ZPOC RDY » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

We were messing around at our camp and I thought I'd test the capabilities following the other trucks showing off. I was worried about the ground clearance but didn't have any issues.
Edit: that spot of dirt that looks like a burnout was that red truck haha

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Sweet pictures
Nice to see the Pathy for wheeling
Thanks for sharing

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks for sharing ZPOC RDY!
It's an awesome feeling of freedom isn't it!

BTW - I just bought some Window Sox from a guy in Australia. They fit over the rear passenger windows and allows you to keep your windows down (or slightly down) when sleeping inside to keep up the airflow!

Keep going on trips and posting up more!!

Return to “Offroad Adventures”